Chapter 9 - Welcome Back

Bucky POV

Marius lands the helicopter in the courtyard as everyone gets off. Ghost and I carry Y/n- the Winter Soldier off the helicopter and into the base. I had my eyes fixated on him and I just couldn't take them off him.

Ghost: You really will go to the pits of hell just to save your brother, wouldn't you?

I take my eyes off the Winter Soldier and look at Ghost who looked at me through his skull mask.

Bucky: He's the only family I've got left. Shit, I'd go head to head with HYDRA if it meant I could see his smile one more time.

Ghost and I continue to follow the others to the interrogation room where Tony and Harry build a machine that is mixed with a glass and titanium case that we'd put the Winter Soldier in. Ghost and I put him in the machine before locking him in place and putting a headset on him. We walk out and look at him from the other side of the two way mirror.

Tony: So, this machine is supposed to reach into his mind and pull out Y/n while pushing the Winter Soldier away. Sorta like erasing him from the picture.

Bucky: But like an eraser it doesn't get rid of all of it?

Tony: He might have PTSD from his time as the Winter Soldier. I say might, more of a 75% chance.

Tony begins pressing some buttons which powers up the machine.

Tony: Oh, also this probably will hurt him.

Bucky: What?

Tony ignored me and activated the machine. The headset glowed a dark blue as the Winter Soldier screamed out in what sounded like pain. I was about to run in to stop it but all the operators held me back. I tried to push them off me but with all of them holding me back it was very difficult.

Bucky: Tony shut it down!

Tony: We're nearly there!

I continue to try push the operators off me while the Winter Soldier continues to scream out in agony. I manage to push the operators off me before tearing the door off the wall and running into the room only to be tackled by Cav, Ela and Monika.

Bucky: Let go of me!

Ela: It's either this happens for Y/n to come back or the Winter Soldier stays!

I try to push them off me but they all hold me down while the Winter Soldier continues to scream out in pain. The machine stops so I throw them all off me and rip the Winter Soldier out of the machine and lay him on the floor with my hands on his shoulders.

Bucky: Wake up!

I shake the Winter Soldier slightly but he doesn't wake up.

Bucky: Come on!

I try shake him again but he still doesn't wake.

Bucky: Y/N!

He stirs slightly before opening his eyes. I take off his mask and see a familiar smile that brought a tear to my eye.

Y/n: Hey, Bucky...

Bucky: Thank god.

I hug Y/n tightly while tears flow down my face. He pats me on the back while I continue to hug him tightly.

Y/n: Hey, hey, I'm ok.

I look at him with tears still flowing down my eyes. I couldn't believe I was hearing his voice again. I stand up and help him to his feet but he stumbles a bit so I help steady him.

Y/n: Thanks, Bucky.

Bucky: You have no idea how nice it is to hear your voice again.

Y/n and I look to the side and see everyone looking at us, all happy with the outcome. Y/n was confused so he just nervously waved causing me to chuckle. I help him walk out of the interrogation room and to the other operators.

Y/n: Uh... hey guys.

Blackbeard: So you're Y/n. Bucky's told us alot about you.

Y/n: Only good things I hope.

Valkyrie: You look much hotter without the mask.

Y/n was left speechless. He looked at me before back at Meghan causing me to laugh.

Y/n: Did she simp over my brainwashed self?

Ela: She's not the only one.

Y/n: Oh Christ.

Bucky: Hehe, welcome back, little bro.

I pat him on the back before letting him walk around on his own. Harry walks up to Y/n with Tony.

Harry: Hello, Y/n. My name's Harry.

Tony: Tony Stark.

Y/n: Stark? Howards son?

Tony: You knew him?

Y/n: Yeah, he used the most versatile resource known to man to make a giant metal frisbee.

Bucky: Haha, messed you up pretty good.

Y/n: Didn't the Winter Soldier catch it multiple times and nearly kill you with it?

Bucky: Shut up.

Harry: I've seen your skills as the Winter Soldier and from what Bucky has told me, you were one of the best soldiers in the army. So I am offering you a position at Rainbow.

Y/n: Sorry, Rainbow?

Bucky: Right, forgot you're not very clued up on what's been happening.

Y/n: I've been under HYDRA control for god knows how long and I'm technically a terrorist.

Bucky: Rainbow is an anti-terrorist organization where we just fight against a terrorist group known as the White Masks who basically own HYDRA.

Y/n: Can I just ask, why me? I'm technically a terrorist.

Harry: You didn't have a choice. You aren't the terrorist, the Winter Soldier is.

Y/n looks down at the floor for a second before looking at Harry. He shakes Harry's hand and nods

Y/n: I'll join your team. But I need you to get something that will make sure that HYDRA doesn't turn me back into the Winter Soldier.

Harry: And that being?

Y/n: A book. A red book with the same star that's on my arm.

Bucky: Oh, this one?

I pull out the same book Y/n just described and handed it to him. He was stunned on how I obtained it.

Y/n: How-

Bucky: When yo- the Winter Soldier was about to throw me out of the HYDRA base, it was because I grabbed the book and hid it in my jacket.

Y/n holds onto it and nods. He, Tony and Harry left to go to Harry's office while we all left to do our own thing. Tachanka, Craig, Dominic, Soap, Roach and I decided to go to the cafeteria and the entire way there we just joked and talked about how good it was to see the real Y/n.