Chapter Thirteen

Camila's POV

I was looking at the cloudy sky on the garden room, waiting for Lauren.

Normani, we met a week ago, through Lauren, gave me a little note from Lauren.

Hey Camz (:

Meet me at the roof after school. I want to ask you something.

Lauren and I were being more than friends but less than a couple, whatever it was. I like her, I do. I wasn't so sure about her. I've heard a rumor that she was a fuck buddy but she had stopped since I moved. That made it hard to trust her.

"Hey Camz!"

Lauren's voice shook me out of my thoughts. I snapped my head at her then smiled.

She sat next to me. "Eh weather?" I nodded. "It's nice though."

We sat there for a while.

"I wondered if.." she paused and bit her bottom lip. "if you like to go out with me?" did she asked me for out?

I opened my mouth but nothing came out. "You don't have to." Lauren sighed. I shook my head. "No Lo, I'd like to."

Lauren looked at me. "Really?" She smiled and I nodded.

"Oh o-okay, I-I'll pick you up at 7. Sounds good?" She stuttered a little. I nodded again. "I'll see you soon." she got up then walked away. Before she disappeared, "Wear casual." she said.

I never knew this would happen or Lauren liking me was the last thing I expected.

Lauren came back. "Errr.. I forget one more thing.." I looked at Lauren at confused. "I was supposed to drop you off at home since you had no home ride."

**

"So you got a date?" Austin walked into my room without knocking, like I just said. "My baby sister is growing too fast." He wiped his fake tears.

"Oh mija, estas preciosa. A donde vas?" My mom asked me.

"She has a date tonight." Austin told her. "Thanks Austin.. Mom, I'm going out with Lauren." I applied a light make up as I spoke.

"Oh Lauren. I like her." Mom said.

I heard the doorbell ring. "I'll get it!" Sofi's voice shouted. I grabbed my white converse. "Have fun." Austin said. I smiled at him.

I walked down the stair and found Lauren and Dad talking.

"Hey Camz. Ready to go?" Lauren asked. "Take care." my dad kissed on my forehead.

"Let's go." Lauren smiled. As we reached her car, she opened the door for me. I might or might not did giggle at her cute gesture.

"Where are we going?" I asked her, she got in.

"You will see." she smiled then started the engine.

**

"Rolling skating?"

"Yep and miniature golf."

We got out of her car and got inside. It was pretty dark with colorful lights. There weren't many people which I was glad about it.

"What size?" Lauren asked. "Oh, 7."

Lauren grabbed the roller skates. We putted it on. I had trouble with standing. Lauren grabbed my hand, started to lead to the rink.

I grabbed her arm as I almost fell. Lauren chuckled. "I'll teach you. It's not that hard."

I gave her a look. "Lauren, are you aware that I'm the clumsiest person in the world?" she started to laughing.

"Don't worry, I won't let you go." she grabbed my hand after I let her arm go.

"Follow my steps." I copied her moving legs. "See?" She was about to let my hand go but I gripped her hand.

"Do not let me go."

All she did was laughing.

**
"Thanks for a fun date." I smiled as we walked to the door. We stood there for a while, didn't say anything. Just standing and staring each other.

"Well I will see you on Monday?" I nodded and smiled as she rubbed her back of neck.

Next thing was we were leaning in but my brother had to ruin the moment.

"Hey! Thanks for bring my sister back in one piece. You did a great work." He smiled, was obviously to our almost first kiss that he had ruin.

Lauren nervously laughed. "Well I'll see you in school." She left and drove away.

"I hate you." I muttered as I got inside. "What did I do?" Austin had a confusion on his face.

"Nothing. See you in the morning." I went to my room.

We almost kissed.

__________________________
Hey! Thanks for your prayers, I'm still sore and I don't know why. Leaving for Cuba had postponed. I'm doing okay now.

Sorry for the unusual short chapter.

-Camie