42. Divulging In Candor

Start from the beginning

His wet hair dripping, his smirk too proud, too cocky. His eyes full of desire. My ego couldn't be farther from my mind right now.

"Hello to you too," he chuckles, leaning against the door frame.

Good god, that does something to me. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I clear my throat, "Can we talk?"

All his cockiness is out of the window, his smirk diminished, and his eyes harsh. He straightens himself, opening the door for me. "Of course," he reassures me.

I walk in, making my way to his bed. I sigh, sitting down on the edge.

He shuts the door, walking over until he stops before me.

I watch him lower to his knees, looking up at me. He takes hold of my hands, gently rubbing circles on my skin with his thumbs. "What is it?"

His eyes are a cage. Locking me into him, forcing me to be honest, to be vulnerable. I couldn't look away even if I wanted to.

"I think Allen is Emery's son," I blurt out.

He stills, his thumbs stop circling me, and he stares. Nothing leaves his mouth but his eyes are searching mine.

"I found pictures of Allen's grandparents, Liam saw them and he said-"

I stop, looking down at our hands.

He continues his movements, urging me to continue. "He said that Darius and Valera are his grandparents, that they're Emery's parents."

He sighs, placing a light kiss on my hand, "How do you feel about this?"

I look up at his ceiling, breathing gently. "I don't know."

"Yes you do, don't lie to yourself. How do you feel, Windsor?"

My eyes fall to his again, "Hurt."

"Why?"

"Because, he isn't who I thought he was. Fucking shit, he could be a queen's son. My enemies son. My best friend's possible mom is the one person I fucking hate. I resent her and Alexander, I want them dead, and I want it to be by my hand."

He nods, "Rightfully so too. They killed your parents, and whether Allen knew that or not, he isn't here anymore. He can't dictate your decisions anymore because you're alive and unfortunately he isn't. You either wait to be killed by them, or you kill them."

I sigh, nodding, "I know, it's just, my parents killed his grandparents, and now I'm going to kill his mom? What if Alexander is his father?"

"It can't change anything, Rhea, because your hate for them? That need for revenge? It isn't going to go away because you found this out. Emery and Alexander aren't going to back off because you suddenly have a change of heart for their possible dead son," he states.

I know he's right.

I don't want to hurt Allen. But he isn't here anymore.

I can't pretend that this information suddenly changed my views on them. I fucking hate them. No part of me wants them alive and Allen can't change that.

I'm not that little girl anymore. The one who holds back myself for others. Who worries what others think. I can't be her anymore because my life isn't just on the line, it's Elijah's, Dal's, Bellie's, my citizen's, and even Liam.

Oh god. Liam.

I know he said he's with me, for me, but is he?

Is he really okay with standing with me? Knowing that I want to kill his parents? Because I won't stop, not for anyone. I have one goal, and it's my heart beating while theirs doesn't.