10. Fail your Sympathy

Elijah

Have you ever met someone that makes you question why you're even near them? Someone you feel is your unrelated family, but they are so questionably stupid it infuriates you to the point you adapt to their idiotic behavior.

Well, I have. Which pisses me off, to think I just adapted to someone who makes me question why I bother talking to them.

I stare unimpressed, as Dal licks his palm, which has markings of slightly melted chocolate. He then continues to unwrap more bars of chocolate, deciding to make even more of a mess.

"Grab a fucking napkin, you moron," I shake my head, disappointed in how I let the man grow up like this.

"Shut up, I'm not wasting perfectly gooey chocolate because you have a weird ass obsession in being clean," Dal bickers, taking a bite of the bar.

"Where did you get it anyways? I don't have any candy here," I question, suspicious of a secret stash he hid in my house without me knowing.

"That has got to be illegal, you're boring as hell, and to answer your question, I carry snacks with me because sometimes I have to wait for bosses' annoying speeches to be over, and I need something to occupy me."

"So cavities are your pleasure?"

He sighs, "I'm done explaining normal behavior to your psychotic ass," he pauses, "But I will ask you who that beautiful woman was walking out of your house a few minutes ago."

I ignore him, getting up to feed Nala. "Nala's fine bimbo, answer the question," he reaches over from his seat, petting Nala.

"It isn't your business."

"Nothing is ever my business, never stopped me before."

I fill Nalas bowl with dinner, as she skips her way over to me, wagging her tail. I set the bowl down in its usual space, while she pushes me out of the way, eager to eat her food.

Looking over to Dal, a smirk plastered on his face, I sigh, deciding I've lost this fight.

"She's... staying here."

Silence.

"Bullshit. Are you fucking her?"

I glare at him, "Fuck no."

"I assumed not, no one would sleep with your ugly ass. Just had to make sure."

I flip him off.

"Okay but seriously, why the hell was some woman walking out of your house, like she owned it?"

"I told you. She's staying here and for the time being she will continue to for as long as she wan- needs," I admit.

"What freaky shit is this? Who are you? What did you do to the emo asshole who hates people, and everything that exists?"

"Fuck off."

"No I'm serious, Elijah. Like, do I need to get you medicine?"

My eyes widen, "hell no, I threw up from the shit you gave me last time."

"How'd this even happen? What possessed you to wake up and decide to have a roommate? Where the fuck does she sleep? The couch? The poor girl's back is probably stiff as hell," he rants.

"My back, is what you mean. She's not my roommate, I'm just... I guess I'm helping her out."

"She took YOUR bed? Holy fuck! I've got to meet her, like officially. Wait. Help her? When the hell do you help people?"

"The woman. The one I almost killed. Her, that's who she is," I hesitate.

"Oh," he drags out, grinning.