He could see the soldiers running away from the edge of Section 7 as he stood there looking at the Empire’s knights and soldiers who were looking at him but unable to attack.
‘It’s starting. The explosions will happen soon.’
The glutton chimed in once Cale realized this fact.
– I can’t purify the black despair.

Hearts fluttered all around the hall, the Glutton's voice sends a thrill through the room – even though she says she isn't capable of purifying the Black Despair, she was still implying that there was something she could do and that was something that invigorated everyone in the Palantír Hall.

She could eat dead mana, but could not purify the black despair that was with it. Cale recalled what the fiery thunderbolt had told him last time. He had said that the only ones who could purify the black despair were necromancers, Dark Elves, and himself. Of course, even priests could take care of the dead mana.

Such options were not available in the TBOAH!World because there were no alliances and no one could protect the TBOAH!Dark Elves or TBOAH!Mary and by the time this was all happening – TBOAH!Jack was already dead and so was TBOAH!Elf with the Fire Elemental from TBOAH!Pendrick's Elf Village who had earned the Fire of Destruction.

Loud noises could be heard coming from the orbs located on top of the bombs. The noises coming from these orbs were changing, starting from the bombs at the edges of Section 7.  The orbs were becoming louder and brighter. All of these changes were starting from the edges of Section 7. Cale looked toward the residences that were still quiet. He was certain that everyone had woken up already. He knew that the people of the Jungle were currently laying low in their homes without even being able to turn on some lights.

He understood what they must be going through right now. Cale had done the same thing when he was Kim Rok Soo, running away from monsters and crawling into the debris of a destroyed building and remaining as quiet as possible. He had not even been able to sleep as he was scared of the strong monsters outside. That was why he understood what they must be going through right now.

TCF!Alberu and TCF!Choi Han's expressions turned grim and everyone from the TCF!World stiffened. They didn't know that this was what the world Cale had come from was like.
“Uhm… Hyung?”
“Oraboni…”
TCF!Basen and TCF!Lily’s voices shook as they called out to Cale. Cale immediately turned his head and smiled reassuringly at the two of them.
“This was in the past, back in the beginning of it all, things were a lot different, right?”
Cale turned to look at Rok Soo for his agreement, which he readily supplied.

Nodding eagerly, Rok Soo answered Cale in order to reassure their younger siblings.
“That's right, it's a lot better now and monster attacks and outbreaks like this are better controlled. Every place has very strict evacuation protocols now too!” Rok Soo reassured everyone. It took a while, but eventually the hall was calm enough to warrant Naur to continue with the record.

He closed his eyes even though the enemies were in front of him.
– Human, I am here!
It was because he had Raon. Cale heard the voice of the glutton again.
That was why I could only eat it and die after being dyed black. Although I can’t purify it, I couldn’t watch the ground turn black and do nothing about it.
Cale recalled what the glutton had said the first time he met her.
‘I don’t think I can give up on this taste even if I get fat! It’s so unfair that I had to die while eating dirt!’ He had originally thought that she had just starved to death. But now he understood what she meant by having to eat dirt. What would she have died eating in the land of boulders that did not have trees? Why had the ground turned black?
Cale slowly started to get angry.
‘Why did they all live such sad lives?’
The glutton, the cheapskate, they all had sad lives. He thought about the single black tree on top of the desolate area in the slums. Although nothing was there, that ground had not been a land of death poisoned by dead mana.