1. Coronation

Just to let everyone know, I have a chapter before this (prologue) of a time line of Evan and Y/Ns relationship, but I got lazy and just couldn't think of what more to add, so here is me just getting into it as I had every other chapter done. So maybe in a week the prologue will be here idk.

Y/N is a waiting in lady, her dads a duke since  he's the brother of Rapunzels dad. So yes they are cousins. IDC if that's not how it works, it's how it works in this story.

Evan slowly took off his gloves as instructed and place them on the small pillow the bishop held out for him.

He reached for the objects with shaky hands that sat on the pillow, before finally grabbing them and slowly turned to the audience.

As he turned the audience stood up with wide smiles, Evan held his breath.

Until he finally locked eyes with Y/N, she was smiling at him wildly from the very front row, accompanied but her parents.

He instantly started to relax as Y/N gave him an eager wave which her hand was immediately pulled down by her dad. She rolled her eyes and Evan let out a small chuckle.

———

The band played and upbeat song as the crowd around came to the stop of their dance, everyone clapped for them.

"King Evan of Arendelle" Kai announced as Evan walked his way elegantly before turning to face the party.
"Princess Anna of Arendelle" he gestured to the other side.

Anna ran out excitedly but stopped a little far from Evan, she waved to the crowd cheerfully.

Y/N smiled fondly at Anna. No matter how old Anna was, she'd always be a little girl to her.

Kai cleared his throat and walked up to Anna to guide her to stand next to Evan.
"Oh here? Are you sure? Because I don't think I'm supposed to- oh okay!" Anna rambled before Kai planted her beside Evan.

She took a small step away from Evan to give him some more space, sneaking a small glance.
The crowd, including Y/N, clapped for them.

Anna felt awkward next to her brother, she shyly tucked her hair behind her air and gazed upon the crowd.

But she sighed in relief when she spotted Y/N and eagerly waved to her.
Y/N was in her signature colour of gold.

She was about to make her way over to Y/N, but she was stopped by Evan suddenly speaking to her.
"Hi."

"H-hi me?" Anna asked in surprise and turned towards him. Evan nodded fondly.
"Oh um, hi."

"You look beautiful." Evan complimented her, again taking Anna by surprise as she had genuinely believed Evan didn't like her.

"Thank you!" Anna chuckled happily. "You look beautiful-ler! I mean not beautiful- you don't look beautiful- no I meant Handsome! You look handsome!" Anna sighed at herself nervously but Evan only laughed.

"Thank you." He grinned before taking in a deep breath. "So.... this is what a party looks like." Evan continued to try and break whatever tension there was.

"It's warmer than I thought." Anna blurted out. She looked at the crowd again and noticed a tall good looking man sneaking glances at Y/N as she was finishing up a conversation with Rapunzel and the man beside her.
Anna smirked and was about to point it out to Evan but he interrupted her train of thought.

"What is that amazing smell?"
The two of them inhaled deeply before turning to eachother. "Chocolate!" They chorused with a small laugh.

"Your majesty-"
The siblings were interrupted by Y/N who grinned at them. "This is The Duke of Weaseltown-" she introduced the old man from beside her.