Prolouge 🩵

I ENDED UP POSTING IT. NOW THIS CHPATER ISN'T FINISNED AND IDK IF IT WILL EVER BE BUT HERE, READ WHATS HERE.

So, Y/Ns dad is the brother of Rapunzels dad, so Y/Ns dad is a royal duke which makes Y/N a lady in waiting.

IDC if that's not how it works, that's how the system is gonna work in this story. It was too confusing and google wasn't giving me a proper answer.

Also, this chapter is a small timeline to show Y/N and Evan's relationship.

———

Y/N and Evan are eight, Rapunzel and Anna are five.

Y/N giggled Behind her hand uncontrollably, trying her best to keep quiet as was Evan.

They had quietly snuck out of their parents dinner party as they wanted the desserts and couldn't be bothered to wait for them to be served.

The king and queen of Corona had been invited to a New Year's party hosted the King and queen of Arendelle, and as a duke and Duchess, Y/Ns parents had been invited as well as herself.

Rapunzel and Anna were outside to keep watch. They were giggling uncontrollably as well.

"Guys sush! You're gonna get us caught." Even hissed though a smile as he stepped on Y/Ns back, she had hunched herself over so that Evan could easily climb over onto the bench.

"No we're not!" Anna replied frustratedly through the door.

Y/N rolled her eyes playfully at Anna as he grabbed hold of Evan's hand, he kneeled down to help her up.

"What did we expect from two little girls." Y/N grinned as she had finally pulled herself up.

As Y/N was taller, Evan cupped his hands together to create a stepping stool for Y/N so she could reach the cabinet.

Y/Ns little crown was lopsided on her head, her golden dress a little disheveled, her matching flats were already discarded onto the floor.

She slid open the thin glass door, exposing all the different types of cakes.
"How am I suppose to carry all these?"

"Just take them out one by one." Even replied.

When Y/N reached to grab a cake from the far back, her crown came in contact with the top of the glass case, pushing it off her head and onto the floor.

The both of the gasp at the loud clanging noise it made.

Rapunzels and Anna's giggling quickly stopped from outside.

Y/N and Evan cringed. "Anna, are we still safe?" He hissed fearfully.

There was a short pause. "Yess!" Came a hiss back.

Y/N and Evan sighed, Y/N quickly turned back to grab another cake.
"Hurry up!"

"My hands are full! How am I supposed to step down?!" Y/N hissed back to Evan.

"My back hurts!"

"Do you want cake or not?! Man up." Y/N replied sassily. "Cake is pain."

"Go go go go go!"

"Girls?"

Y/N and Evan's eyes widened, the footsteps of the girls scurried away, followed by a grown man's voice.

They both gasped and Y/N scampered to put the cakes back.

The door to the kitchen opened, The two fell loudly onto the floor.
"Dad!" Evan quickly stood up, cringing as Y/N was still on the floor so he went to help her up. "We were just playing."

"Hm." The king said with an amused smile. "What game?"

The two shared a nervous glance. "Hide and seek. We're looking for Anna and Rapunzel."
Y/N nodded to encourage Evan's lie.

"Is that so?" Agnar mused as he bent down to pick up Y/Ns tiara. "So what's Lady Y/Ns crown doing all the way over here."

"Um-" Y/Ns lips pressed together as he hands were held behind her back. "It fell of my head when I bent down to see if they were hiding under the table."

"I see." Anger smirked as he handed Y/N her crown who muttered a thank you.
"Well then. I'll leave you two to it."

He left the kitchen and as soon as he did, Y/N and Evan broke into grins.
"They ditched us!" Y/N laughed.

"More cake for us then!"

———

A few months later Y/N and her family were back for some sort of business thing.

Evan had practically sprinted out of his room to greet her. "Y/N!"
It took Anna by surprise because very recently, Evan kept himself locked away in his new room. And she wasn't sure why.

Y/N grinned, hearing him sound excited to see her made her happy about herself.

"Evan! Hello."

"I've finally gotten my own room! Come see I don't have to live with stuffed animals everywhere anymore!"
He reached out for her hand with his gloved one and pulled her away.

Anna frowned after then.

But Y/N hadn't greeted Anna yet, so as Evan dragged her away Y/N quickly turned back to flash Anna a grin and an eager wave. Anna returned it sadly before Y/N turned back around to run off with Evan.

———
Seven years later

———
Two years later.

"My parents are sending me to finishing school." Y/N blurted out, she was sprawled upon Evan's bed on her back.
He was stood on the other side of the room just boredly throwing a ball up and down.

"What?!" He dropped the ball and turned to her.

"Yeah." Y/N rolled over onto her stomach and leaned her head upon her palm. "Apparently I'm not "ladylike" enough. All because I farted and laughed about it."

Evan let out a belly laugh. "That's it?!"

Y/N began shrieking with laughter with him, falling back onto her back as she clutched her stomach in laughter.

"Y/N?" Anna called hesitantly from outside Evan's door. "You promised you'd paint my nails and braid my hair!"

"Coming!" Y/N called back through laughs and slowly started to sit up.
"You joining us?" She turned to Evan who frowned.

"No."

Y/Ns face fell. "I get younger siblings can be annoying but she just looks up to you. Join us."

Evan rolled his eyes and just walked into his private bathroom, making Y/N meet Anna herself.

———

Three years later.

It had only been a few seconds since Y/N had entered the castle and she was already engulfed with a hug from Evan.
"How was finishing school?!"

Queen Induna and King Anger shared a small smirk before looking back to Evan and Y/N. Evan only ever felt comfortable to touch Y/N, he just felt at complete ease with her.

His voice had gotten a lot deeper since they had last spoken to each other, letters didn't show that.