R&D/Regulations - Dust Control - 1

A Letter to CIC Board Concerning Potential Excessive and/or Hazardous Pollution from Prison Colony Group 7 (A, B, C, D) and Associated Complexes 

[redacted by DCS]

Two separate hazmat safety agencies, The InterCons Hazardous Materials Inspection Agency, Inc. and InterCons Hazmat Control Services, Inc, have raised concern over dust control practices implemented by subsidiaries overseen by the Department of Research and Development (DRD) and the Department of Justice (DOJ), namely the industrial complexes within and around penal colonies 7A and 7B. Additionally, subsidiaries of the Department of Corporate Security (DCS) have impeded our investigation by outright denying us access to colonies 7C and 7D, along with the non-prison parts of the complexes near them. 

We have notified DRD, its subsidiaries, and the wardens' offices of these issues, but they seem uninterested or do not share our level of concern. 

As you likely know, prison colonies 7A and 7B lie on the edge of the Great Five-Tail River, not far from Sanctuary and near natural deposits of [REDACTED] ore. The DRD currently processes the [REDACTED] ore into [REDACTED], using prisoners for labor, for shipment to 7C, 7D, and its research labs. This processing is part of its work concerning CIC's Advanced Energy and Defense Research Project (AEDRP).

Our concern is not a lack of dust control measures; our concern is with their method of dust control. Water is used both to prevent dust from being dispersed into the air due to agitation and to wash contaminants away from equipment, the ground, walls, and workers. This practice is accepted and even encouraged by us (DIR) for safety reasons in most cases. However, this dust is hazardous and can be classified as [REDACTED] waste. The water runs into the complex/colony's drain system and soaks into the soil/sand, where we believe it finds its way into the River. Because of the locations of these colonies, we believe it is possible for contaminated dust from these activities to flow downriver to populated areas, most notably the Town of Possibility. 

We expect that DRD, DOJ, and/or DCS will send you their own letters regarding this issue. Please take our concerns into consideration. 

-Department of Internal Regulations (DIR)