Urgent Conversations - Keys

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"How about this," he said, looking over my shoulder, "I will pick up dinner on my way to your apartment and we can talk."

He kissed my cheek before starting to walk back into the office.

"It's urgent," I said, under my breath. When he reached the office door, I forced myself to speak up. "Please, Keys. It's really important and it can't wait. If I have to wait, I feel like I'm gonna. . ."

Keys turned around when my voice broke. His eyes widened when he saw the tears beginning to stream down my face. He ran over to me and gently grabbed my arms.

"What's wrong, baby?" He whispered.

"I told you. . . I really need to talk to you," I barely got out between the tears.

"Okay," he said instantly. "Let's talk about it, gorgeous. I'm sorry."

He grabbed my hand, instantly intertwining our fingers. I couldn't help but be a little surprised when he led me back into the office. He ignored Mouser's look as he led me through the cubicles to a conference room in the back.

He closed the door behind us and led me over to a small couch in the corner. He sat down, pulling me with him.

"What's on your mind, beautiful?"

"It's umm. . . Well, the thing is. . . I haven't been. . . I mean, this is just. . . It's a make or break. . ."

"Y/N?" He whispered as he reached up and moved a piece of hair behind my ear. "Talk to me."

"I'm pregnant," I blurted out.

I held my breath as I waited for his response. I tried to read his facial expression but I couldn't. My heart sank when he stood up and pulled me with him. I gasped when he threw his arms around my waist, pulling me into his chest.

"This is amazing," he whispered as he held me.

"I'm so relieved you feel that way," I said, happy tears now falling down my cheeks. "I was so scared, Keys."

He slowly pulled out of our hug and studied me. "Did you think I'd leave you? That I'd just turn around and walk away from you and our baby?"

"I don't know," I stuttered. "I didn't know. All I did know was how scared I was the minute the test came back positive."

Keys leaned down and gently kissed me. He broke the kiss and kept his nose pressed to mine. "I love you, Y/N," he whispered. "And I will be right by your side the entire time. Nothing is ever going to take me away from you and our child."

Suddenly, a strange look flashed across his face. He took a small step back and studied me.

"Keys," I said, my voice suddenly soft. "Are you okay?"

My breath got caught in my throat when he slowly knelt down on one knee, my hands still in his.

"What are you doing?" I stuttered.

"Can't let our baby grow up without a dad," he chuckled. "Y/N, my darling, will you. . ."

"Wait," I cut off his proposal. "I love you, Keys. You know that. But. . ."

"But what?" He asked, not an ounce of anger in his voice.

"I don't want you to marry me just because I'm pregnant," I admitted.

Keys chuckled as he stood up and reached into his back pocket, grabbing his wallet. I watched as he opened it and pulled something out. My heart beat against my chest as he showed me an engagement ring.

"Since the day we met, I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you," he said. "I have been carrying this around since our one-month anniversary. So, yes, I am asking you to marry me after you told me you were pregnant, but I have wanted to marry you for a long time. I love you, Y/N and I can't wait to start our life together. You, me, and our baby."

I made him laugh as I threw my arms around him. He wrapped my arms around my waist, pulling me in closer.

"I love you, Y/N," he repeated.

"I love you so much, Keys," I whispered, happy tears streaming down my face.

After a few minutes of silence, Keys spoke up again. "You know," he whispered, "you never answered my question."

"Oh!" I gasped, giggling as I pulled out of our hug. Before I could answer, Keys grabbed my left hand and knelt back down.

"Y/N, the love of my life," he started again, "you mean so much to me, darling. All I want to do is make you happy. I will do whatever it takes to give you the life you deserve. You and our baby. I will take care of both of you. I promise. I love you so much, Y/N. Will you marry the man who loves you more than anything in the world?"

"Yes," I giggled. "I'd be happy to marry the father of my baby."