Chapter Twenty Three

He dropped her off back at the apartment the next morning. She had made an agreement to stay there on the weekends with him over there and Ana came over to help her gather clothes.

"It's like you're moving again. I'm so happy for you," she squealed hugging Laney.

Laney began to gush over it all again, "I'm so excited. I'm glad I'll have this apartment too. Eleanor may let me work remotely on Mondays and Fridays now too".

Eleanor was such a big supporter of her moving in with her unidentified boyfriend and Jack was... nosy. Her mom wasn't the most pleased but she was more supportive when she found out that Laney kept her current apartment.

Eleanor and her had made some margaritas and made a few boxes to move some small art stuff, clothes, shower essentials, and make up and etc. Just things that would be useful or were part of her everyday life.

The girls hopped into Laney's car and started blasting some fun throwbacks. It was an hour drive but time flew by. Soon she would be making this commute every day.

"Holy fuck. It's out of a movie," Ana whispered.

"Yeah, it-"

"He had this house built... for like two million," she said.

Laney snatched the phone and there it was on Zillow, "Holy fuck".

It may have not pertained to her but it said a lot about him. Suddenly a knock on the window broke her out of the zoning out and there was Morgan.

He opened the door and gave her a kiss, "Hi Lane girl. Hi Ana. Y'all where to begin?".

Ana pointed at a box that they struggled to carry that Morgan was able to lift with ease. Their margaritas were in little to-go cups and then they were off to moving stuff in.

Ana was sleeping in a guest room tonight as their first guest before her sister came to pick her up. "Guys I'm seriously tired. I'll go to bed," Ana yawned.

Laney understood because she was just as exhausted from the heat and the moving. It was just five boxes but it took a lot of heavy lifting.

Laney showed her around the house before showing her the guest bedroom where Ana would be staying, "Let me know if you need anything".

"Goodnight thank you," Ana said.

Laney walked into the kitchen where Morgan had some flowers in his hand, "Laney you're special. I wanted to give you these daisies because a girl like you is not someone that should be let go of or messed up and I'm going to try not to. Here is your key," he handed her the flowers and a key.

She set it gently on the side before giving him a big hug and a kiss, "Thank you, baby. I love you".

"What's this?" he asked pointing at an unopened package before quickly adding that he loved her too.

"My dress for my sister's wedding," she quickly mumbled before checking the date. There was still a week.

"Are you going to be a bridesmaid?"

"Hell no. It's just them up there apparently. It's unconventional," she said.

He nodded as she opened up the package. A light purple dress came out of the package. It was a tube ruffle dress, one of those super "in" dresses at the moment. She already had the heels and the jewelry.

"What the hell," Morgan inspected the fabric.

"It looks better on," she replied to him.

He waited for her to change but she wouldn't budge, "You will have to wait and see".