Chapter Eleven

"What would you do if he-"

"Ana stop," Laey sighed as Ava asked her millionth question.

Ana groaned as she walked out of the elevator and back to her car. The last three hours of work had flown by.

"Laney!" a voice called.

She turned around and saw Jack walk towards her. He was definitely good looking but his tendency to be nosy was something to be cautious about.

"Hey Jack," she said.

"How did your meeting with Rhett go?" he asked.

"Good... we have a good rough draft of things he wanted," Laney replied.

To say she was nervous about him asking about Morgan was an understatement. Last thing she wanted was people to think she slept with him for the Lipton contract.

"Could I work on the Wallen contract with you?" he asked taking her by surprise, "I really would like to be a part of his event".

"Ana is already helping me, you'll need to sort it out with her," she lied.

He nodded and immediately pulled out his phone while Laney quickly walked to her car.

Laney: hey Jack said he wanted to work on the Wallen client and I would rather have you help with that but I told him go ask you

Ana: I feel honored. I already said no to Jack, he's crazy

Laney let out a sigh of relief as she started to drive back to her apartment. Dialing the familiar 865 number, she waited for him to pick up.

"Hellooo," he said.

She could tell he was a little buzzed but she blew it off, "oh I didn't know you were busy-"

"I'm not. Are you off work?" he asked.

"Yeah-"

"Ok I'm coming over," he said right before he hung up.

She sighed externally and internally. The drive back from work was filled with her just feeling overwhelmed. She changed into sweatpants and a black tank top while she waited for Morgan.

It was like he was right on cue when she checked the time and he knocked. She opened the door to him grinning like a little school boy, "well hello".

"Youre in a good mood?" she observed as she gestured for him to walk in.

"This album is looking good," he smiled, "how was your day?"

"Not as interesting but there's a guy at work named Jack and he is nagging me"

The smile on his face fell and his demeanor changed, "what do you mean?"

"He's just nosy," she sighed as she put on the TV while grabbing a canvas to paint on.

"Oh. Lane, can I tell you something?" he asked as he grabbed a canvas.

She nodded.

"Let's body paint," he said flicking paint on her.

The paint splattered on her Nike sweatpants. To say she was upset was an understatement.

"Are you kidding me right now? Morgan are you actually fucking kidding?" she yelled angrily.

"What's the problem?"

"Morgan. This is going to fucking stain," she groaned.

"I'm sorry i-"

She stormed off into her room to take her pants off and scrub it with stain remover as soon as possible. Instead the green paint was just smearing more. Try not to freak out.