Chapter Five

The sound of a rooster broke Laney up as the ass crack of dawn. She felt his legs entangling hers and realized they were cuddling. "Good morning," he croaked pulling her closer. She turned to face him while her hair hit him right in the face. "Oh my god sorry," she laughed.

"You're okay, did you sleep well?" he smiled while his hands grabbed her waist and pulled her in. She shuffled her way on top of his body and wrapped her arms around his shoulders.

"I did. I had a lot of fun yesterday," she said looking at the time. It was too early for this.

"I did too," he said as they both just cuddled in silence

"I really don't want to get out of bed," she groaned.

He laughed, he didn't want to either. Then it would be back to picking up those work calls and meetings for the upcoming album. An album he had nothing to write about. Except... maybe her. But he didn't want her to feel insulted.

They made some eye contact and she could sense what was coming next. But she didn't expect him to ask, "can I?".

She nodded and he leaned in just placing a light peck on her lips. She grabbed his face and pulled him a little closer returning the kiss. The butterflies in her stomach were overflowing and she felt on top of the world. It didnt help that he was basically naked.

She pulled away a few seconds later to prevent anything further from occurring.

"What did you do growing up here?" she immediately asked out of curiosity. It was just empty fields and farm around Sneadsville. And he was glad she pulled away as her kiss started to feel intoxicating.

"Uh mudding with my buddies," he answered a little flustered.

Laney nodded, "are we getting you that phone?".

Even though she would want to spend the rest of the day with him here, she knew better.

"Placed a mobile order they didn't have one," he quietly answered. What did she mean last night?

"Alright country boy,"  she said while grabbing her phone.

The message inbox had a few messages from Mia asking for updates and some from her new boss, greeting her into their agency.

"I wish I didn't have to work," she huffed.

He slowly placed his hands in her hair and she cautiously let him scratch her head. "Take off," he said casually.

"Not on the first day," she said while scrolling through her phone.

Eventually the two were sitting in silence scrolling on their phones until they were getting resdy to leave.

"You can shower first, mama did your laundry," he said.