Tell Me Why - George^ (Pt. 2)

Early Thursday morning, the day that Azura left with George and his band- she was still nervous about everything. Having to only pack a few things that same morning, she still woke up early to eat breakfast with her parents before they said their goodbyes, having to both leave for work that day. At the time, she was zipping up her suitcase in the front corridor when somebody knocked on the door. 'It must be George..' Azura thought, rising up to her feet to grab the door. "'Ello, love!" Paul smiled, pulling her into a hug. "Hey Paulie!" Azura hugged him back, moving to grab her bag. "We're already ready, everyone's at John's place... we just need you! So, suggest you eat up- 'cause we're only stoppin' in London, right. So, yknow.. you'll be dyin' for some scran. You ready yet?" Paul asked, stepping into her house and closing the door behind him.

 "Yeah..! All I need is.. me' wallet..! Hold on." Azura made her way up the stairs and into her room, grabbing her wallet off of her bed, taking one good look at the place. 'Well, I'll be back in three months..' She smiled to herself, shutting the door behind her as she descended back down the stairs. Azura and Paul made their way to Johns house, Paul insisting on taking her bag. Once they got there- there was a green van outside. Paul opened the back doors and slid her bag across the floor. "Sorry, love. There's no seats..!" He chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his neck as he hopped in, grabbing Azura's hand to pull her up into the van. 

"Hi guys!" She smiled, seeing everyone sitting on their amps, chewing on some type of bread. "Az!" Pete smiled, pulling her into a hug first, then John- but he didn't let go, Stu rolling his eyes, hugging her quickly after before lastly- Azura turned to George. He gave a short smile as the van started moving down the road, "Hey, love.." "George has a crush?!" John laughed, looking at the two's interaction. "Shut it, John.." George pulled Azura into a hug, "Maybe I do.. so what?" He whispered into her ear. Azura pulled back, tilting her head. "Me too.." She said, making George grin and nod slowly. Azura plopped down on her bag, whining as the discomfort. 

From Liverpool to London took them only four and a half hours, and they only stopped in London to pick up another passenger, who was Herr Steiner- an Austrian working in the Heaven and Hell coffee shop on Old Compton Street, who was to be the Hamburg promoter, Bruno Koschmider's interpreter. After being in London for an hour or two, they kept driving until they made it to the ferry taking them from Harwich to the Hook of Holland, Netherlands.

After being on the ferry, they kept on driving until they made it to Arnhem- well- Allen took a wrong turn, and that's where it brought them. Arnhem is where all the soldiers had parachuted out to fight in the war. There were thousands of white crosses in the one cemetery, Azura taking pictures as they drove past. They had parked on the side of the road to get out and take another little break, stretching their legs and walking around the little historic town. They found a war memorial where they took a few pictures sitting in front of it.

 It quietened them down a bit, maybe it was the aura of the place, the peace and tranquility that came through to them- seeing all the monuments and crosses. Azura mentioned the few stores they passed- which they did go to. They didn't all stay together, though. George, Azura, John and Paul went together- Allen, Herr, Pete and Stu staying around the van, joining them later. Azura and the rest went to the town center- which was where all those shops were- and into the first one they saw, a music shop, named Bergmann Muziek. What that meant? They didn't have a clue.

"Look-!" John pulled Azura closer, nodding his head to the harmonica in his hands, back turned to the clerk. "You gettin' it, Lennon?" She tilted her head, rolling her eyes as he opened his leather jacked and slid it into the little pouch inside. When they came out- they were all laughing their heads off. "What's the joke, lads?" Allen asked, and John pulled out the harmonica as they all started to walk back down the road. "Christ, we're never even going to get to Hamburg, we'll all be in jail!" Pete laughed, shaking his head. "For this thing? Worth it, I'd say.." John ran to the van, being the first to get in. "We've only got a few more hours, stop whining." Herr got into the passenger seat before the rest of the group - except Allen, who was driving- got in the back seat. 

After another 4 and a half hours, they'd made it to Hamburg, sharing many stories along the way- like the time Paul almost fell of the stage in the Cavern Club- and when George auditioned for the band, only 14 years old at the time. They had parked outside an old cinema, that's where they'd be staying- well- sort of. In the back of the cinema there were a few small rooms with small windows- two of the rooms not even having windows. They were to share the rooms in twos. "George 'll be wantin' Azura, won't he?" Paul chuckled to John as they made their way through one of the dark hallways, stumbling along with all their personal bags in hand. "Yeh'! He has a hard on for the girl, Paulie.. let 'im be.!" John laughed

They made it to the rooms, Allen letting out a sigh. "Okay! It'll have to be- Herr and I for now, Paul and Stu, John and Pete, George and Az..ura?" He questioned, squinting his eyes. He hadn't known her at all, before the drive. "Yes.." "That's perfect." George grabbed her hand and brought her to the room that he wanted. He shut the door behind them, placing his bag on the bed. There were two beds that were across the room from each other, and were a fairly good size.

"I've never been out of England before.. it's so more.. lively here, y'know?" Azura asked, also setting her bag down, opening it already to get something to sleep in. "Me neither, but hopefully things are better here." George sat down, leaning back. The bed started creaking with every move he made, making him groan. "I'm never going to be able to get to bed if your bed is the same..! I've seen the way you sleep, you roll around.." George chuckled at the thought of getting woken up by that. "No..! Not anymore.."

After an hour or two of them randomly talking, and just resting, George got up and moved his stuff, walking around the bed and starting to push it toward Azura's. "What are you doing..?" She laughed, playing with the bottom of her shorts. "Making a bigger bed." George shrugged, once he got the bed close enough- well- they were touching- he got back on his bed, pulling the blankets up higher so that they would cover him a bit more. Azura set her book aside, moving closer. She wrapped her arms around George, closing her eyes as he rubbed her shoulder. "I really like you, y'know.. theres something about you." "I like you too, George. Maybe a little TOO much.."