"Du Qin."

Hearing his own name, Du Qin felt a surge of joy but didn't show it, stepping out of the line as instructed.

"Li Hao."

The student from the Pheromone Research Institute trembled upon hearing his name: "Present!"

The team member continued down the list, eventually closing the book: "That's all."

Thus, all five members of Du Qin's team had stepped out of the line.

They held their heads high, their hearts unable to contain their jubilation.

Du Qin, in particular, was almost unable to control himself, a smile spreading across his face.

This result meant more to him than just passing the patrol team's preliminary selection. It meant he had finally defeated Bai Yue—in front of everyone!

However, the expressions on the members of Bai Yue's team were entirely different. Except for Bai Yue and Mu Sihan, who remained unchanged, the others looked dejected, almost sighing out loud.

The patrol team member hadn't finished speaking: "Those whose names were called have not passed the preliminary selection. The rest of you, please go back and wait for the final selection notification."

With these words, the atmosphere in the room completely flipped.

Du Qin and his team were frozen in place, while the members of Bai Yue's team began to cheer and jump for joy.

The bearded man clenched his fist: "Yes! I knew it!"

Xu Chengdong retorted, "You knew shit, you were almost crying just now."

Cao Xun's heart was racing. Successfully getting into Emperor One and then passing the patrol team's preliminary selection, he was steadily climbing up, step by step.

He was determined to prove something, that even with only a B-grade innate gene level, one could still stand out.

Thinking this, he couldn't help but look forward. Bai Yue was standing at the very front of their team. Honestly, their team's smooth passage through the assessment was absolutely thanks to Bai Yue!

However, whether it was the initial mistaken belief that they were going to be eliminated or now hearing that they had passed, that person's expression hadn't changed in the slightest.

Was this the ease of an S+ grade alpha?

Admiration in Cao Xun's heart grew even stronger.

"Wait, this isn't fair!" someone from Du Qin's team spoke up, "We won two games smoothly, and the last one could even be considered a draw. Why do they all pass and we get eliminated?!"

Fu Cheng replied, "Did I ever say that the assessment criteria were to knock down the crystal?"

"What?" The person was stunned.

Fu Cheng continued, "Explaining once is enough." He raised his hand, "The results have been determined, please leave."

His words implied that he didn't need to explain the reasons to those who were eliminated over and over.

The person seemed to want to say more, but sensing the unfriendly and cold gazes of the patrol team members around the room, he swallowed his words.

Du Qin, on the other hand, had been silent from the beginning, pushed up his glasses, and left the room. Seeing their team leader leave, the other four had no choice but to follow suit.

Fu Cheng then turned back to Bai Yue and the others: "The time for the next assessment will be notified later. You've worked hard, go back and rest for now."