Chapter 15

|| MORNING ||

Gwen woke up in her black pajamas, looking to her right side which had a black framed mirror on the wall.
She had bed hair, and had eye bags under her eyes.
When looking at the timer that was set beside her, it was only 5am and no one would be expected to wake up this day, not after a terrific day that occurred yesterday.

She slid her feet in her slippers and went into the opposite cabin, which Cody stormed into last night.
She opened the door slightly and looked around, seeing Cody curled up into a ball in the covers and using Noah's "slightly" dried vest as a pillow.

Gwen sighed, crossing her arms as she leaned against the wooden wall. "I know you're awake." Gwen said, and the calmness soon faded away when seeing Cody's puffed up red eyes from crying.

"How..?" Cody said, wiping his eye as he sniffled, Gwen, who was concerned sat on top of the covers.
"Not important.. are you okay..?" Gwen said, changing the topic and now speaking about Cody's sadness.

"No, of course not.. I miss my Noah.. I mean.. Noah." Cody said, "correcting his sentence." He said, cuddling the vest as he talked to Gwen. "For some odd reason.. I couldn't find his book anywhere." Cody additionally added in.

"Okay.." Gwen hugged Cody, before he burst into tears and hugged Gwen back. "Now I'm scared of water in general... what do I do.. even the color of the lake changed ever since he died.." Cody said, his voice muffled when his face was buried deep into Gwen's shoulder.
"The least you could do for Noah is to survive for him. That's all he ever wanted." Gwen said, smiling as she looked at Cody.

"Yeah but... our promise.. he said we were gonna survive together.." Cody cuddled his legs now as he pulled away from Gwen. "It's my fault.. I convinced him to keep the promise and thats what got him klled.." His eyes were turning red, bloodshot red from the continuous crying, and tears stained his clothes, his pillow, Noah's vest which was already drenched and Gwen's shoulder.
"Cody, none of this is your fault. You need to remember that."
Cody listened for once and wiped away his tears, looking at Gwen with sorrowful eyes.

"How am I going to.. I miss him so much." Cody said and Gwen replied with the same answer. "You will miss him.. but the least you could do is survive for him." Gwen smiled and hugged Cody.

"..I'll try."