~Forever Bound~

It's been a few weeks since you arrived, and you're still unable to make an honest decision. You want to stay with Alastor. You want to keep good on the promise of forever, but at the same time, redemption calls to you.

You've been having a lot of fun here. Getting to know everybody isn't all that bad.

"What makes your mind so preoccupied?" You turn your head, jumping a little at Alastor's sudden presence. You never really expect him to appear when he does. The shadow thing he does is fascinating, but also extremely curious to watch. You'd simply chosen to relax today after the activities Charlie had dragged everybody into participating in for the day.

With a tiny smile, you shake your head. "It's nothin much." You turn your head back to the side as you feel him take your hand in his with a small sigh. He tugs you to him, pressing you close to him.

As you stare at him with flushed cheeks, he uses his other hand to cup your cheek. "Come on deer, You're not the best at lying to me. What's on your mind?" He tilts his head, raising a brow.

With a heavy sigh, you slip away from his grasp. He never holds you tightly, always respects your space in case being close ever becomes too much. Alastor is perfect for you, the two of you are perfect for one another. Which is why these conflicting thoughts make you feel a bit guilty. "Would you really never consider redemption?" It's a risky question. You know his stance on this hotel by heart. Entertainment. That's all he's ever answered anybody with. He's here for the entertainment. But, just maybe, maybe just for you he'd consider the possibility?

Alastor is silent for a moment, before a laugh track flows through the room, followed by his amused words. "Ha! An odd joke! I told you what I think of this already. It's impossible, but entertaining to watch them all fail!" Alastor leans against his microphone, crossing his fingers together as he stares at you. It's an odd question for you to ask. Considering the bloodshed the two of you shared, he sees no point in asking that sorta question. All this power over others, the strength he has... Why would he ever want to give up the chance to continually indulge in what he wants?

You stand in front of him with a bit of discomfort, before taking a seat at a small table in your room. He sits across from you. "I know... just wanted to entertain the question." It hurts a little to be faced with such a solid answer. For him to seemingly not understand. There had to have been a point in his life where he was without the slaughter and the cannibalism. You two share so much, but he's still quite the secretive demon. He always was, never liked to indulge in the past.

As if he can tell your heart wobbles within your chest, he responds casually. "It's certainly something odd! Our days were spent ever so blissfully! I can keep you safe here, so you needn't worry, my dear! There's no need for such odd thoughts to even be entertained! You and I fit so nicely, there's no need for such questions. We can do anything here without anybody looking at us judgmentally or having to risk jail! It's hell!" Alastor taps a finger on the table for a moment, his eyes trying to read you like a book. After a moment, he hums, and then snaps his fingers, causing dinner to appear on the table. You take a serving of the jambalaya with a smile.

Of course, you recall those days... the good old days you call them. The days when you stood with Alastor over bloodied bodies and laughed about it later that night while you ate. There was no ruining your appetite with the grotesque details or finding anything disturbing. There were your fair share of nights spent together, and others where you'd stay up alone, lost in how nice everything seemed. But even just a year was enough to spark guilt in your mind. You took so many lives with him for little reason. "We did have a lot of fun." You smile as you scarf down the food.

This topic didn't feel like one you could approach easily. You stare at your ring and reach for it, drawing your finger along the delicate curve. "What was it like... the years after?" You wonder how much pain he experienced, if his yearning for you was as bad as your own for him. Perhaps that could help your mind settle on a decision.