~Home~

Hours turned into days, into weeks, into months.

You'd completely forgone the presence of that silly little detail called restraint.

You would actively seek out the slightest validation to join Alastor in the slaughter.

Sometimes all you needed was a few words from your beloved.

Forever together.

Neither of you knew if you'd ever get married. You couldn't really see such an event. Maybe you'd elope in unholy company. Preferably covered in blood, sealing the binding vow by sharing a piece of the dead.

He's taken a woman struggling with her own mind fragile and secluded and turned her into a deadly vixen.

You've become more confident, you don't worry about people growing within arms reach, knowing either you or Alastor would end their existence if a hand was laid on you.

No suspicion, no change to the outside.

Mimzy definitely appreciates your partnership with Alastor. Cleaning the scum out of the club became a hobby. Something excites you about that place. Returning to the site where your being shattered.

Life here is your paradise. The dances you and Alastor share, watching him hunt, playing with the prey, sinking into one another's presence on particularly gleeful nights. Maybe you've done more intimate things perhaps not. It's a messy relationship.

You kick your feet walking with him through the woods, your ring glittering on your hand. "You adore that little thing now, don't you?" You smile, holding it up.

"Of course I do! That proposal was beyond words! I adored it! I never imagined myself being engaged in my life. Nor did I imagine I would find somebody I could just let go with!" You walk ahead of him, the rustle of wind gently caressing the world.

He chuckles, holding your latest murder in a bag. You take a seat in a tree, as unladylike as it may be. He does his thing as you sit there in the tree, staring up at the nearly full moon. "No humming tonight?"

You glance back down at him with a shrug. You pull your eyes back to the moon. "It's a pretty night." You mumble, then start to hum.

Something just doesn't feel right about tonight.

"1933, the murders supposedly stopped... we have so many years, but I keep wondering why. Do you stop leaving bodies to be found? Does something happen to you?" You don't know where it's all coming from, but you lay on the branch.

"I am sure nothing horrid. Or perhaps we grow bored." We... You smile and go back to humming. You breathe in the world around you and relax. You're perfect happily ever after.

It's a blessing. This time you have. You wonder if as time passes here, you're gone just as long in your time. You don't really care though. You're never going back. You found a home with Alastor. You'll be with him until you die. "That's an odd thought. Growing bored of this?" You drop to the ground as Alastor finishes hiding the body. He takes your hand, leading you back through the woods. You both pause, spotting a dear stare straight at you. You catch a glimpse of a fox duck behind a tree and chuckle.

Cute.

Alastor glances at you and rolls his eyes. You're a brutal serial killer, and yet you stare at animals like they are sweets. He wonders if you would bring an animal home if you could. He'd never allow it. Too much work to take care of those things. The expense, the annoyance.

Dinner was nice that night, as it always is.

Still, something felt wrong. Different.

"Something's been bothering you all day. What is it, my darling fox?" You glance up from where you've taken to sitting on your bed.