AN ACTUAL MERMAID-!?//Chapter 53

Start from the beginning

"It must be a miracle....!! I bet they experienced severe shock somewhere." Franky looked at the crew with a maniac smile, "Since they've all reached a state of apparent death, they didn't swallow much water.

"Ngagagagaga—!!" Kokoro laughed drunkenly, "I wonder wut caused lere apparent death..."

"It was you." Franky gave the old woman a thumbs up.

Kokoro turned to see Robin, "It's you, right? The Nakama that Pirate King brat came to rescue... I met you at the shift station. I remember you." She then started to pull up her pants and adjust her belt, "I didn't imagine... That you would cause something like this..."

Franky interrupted midway because he couldn't take how long this lady was gonna keep flashing them, "GET DRESSED ALREADY, OLD HAG!!"

—At all....! I laughed at his idea of becoming the Pirate King, but... Maybe it'll come true after all.. NGAGAGAGA—!!!"

Robin melted into a soft chuckle at the woman's beliefs, "Mhm..."

"COUGH—!!! BWEEHHH!!"

"—HA-!!!"

"BWAHH!! IS... Is... Is Nami-San alright!??"

Franky watched Zoro, Sniper King, and Sanji cough up all the water from their clogged lungs, "You guys are really tough."

Kokoro chuckled at the boys, "I'm glad you're alive."

Sniper King glanced up from his hunched position, "GYAAAAHHH, IT'S REALITY!!! MERMAIDS DONT EXIST!!!"

Zoro gasped, "The legend about  Dugongs being mistaken for mermaids was true, after all."

Sanji whipped towards Zoro, "Idiot!! She hasn't said she's a mermaid yet!! Don't give up on your dream!!!"

Kokoro only laughed, "I'm a 'Shirauo' mermaid." (Icefish/ white fish.)

"—NOOOOOO~!!!"

Sniper King gapped at the old lady, "But then! I've never heard a mermaid with legs..!!!"

Sanji was on his fours, banging a sobbing fist into the wooden deck, "OBJECTION—!! Mermaids are... like... Mermaids are... you know...!!!" He wailed pathetically.

Kokoro only smiled as she put her conductor hat back on her head, "...Mermaids' tail fins split into two when we reach the age of 30. And this we're able to live a life on land. We're a mystical tribe. You'll see for yourself if you reach the Fishman Island one day."

'Fishman Island...?' Faythe perked up at the island name.

Sniper King seemed to remember something at the term, 'mystical tribe', "Oh! I know! I heard that the tail of a 100-year-old cat will split and the cat will turn into a 'monster'!!"

Sanji gasped at that and placed his fist into his palm, "Ah, you mean the 'goblin cat.'"

"WE'RE NOT THE SAME!!" Kokoro snapped at the duo, "Why don't you express your gratitude a little!?"

The boys immediately fell forward, "Kokoro-San, thank you very much."

"NGAGAGAGAGAGAGA—!! No worries!!"

Sanji looked across the deck to see Faythe, Robin, and Wyper already there. But he was more set on Robin, "NNNNNROOOOBBBINNN—CHANNN—!!" He flew across the deck towards her with open arms.

But he was seconds too late as Robin was tackled out of the way by both Nami and Chopper.

"ROBIN!!"

"ROBIN!"