CHAPTER -38

Bantu and Veer sat in the canteen, with Veer appearing lost in thought.

Bantu: Bachhi, what's up? You seem a bit off.

Veer: Oh, it's nothing.

Bantu:( concerned )You are thinking about Ritik Bhai and Shivanya di right

Veer sighed and nodded in agreement.

Veer: Yes, I am. It's just... everything's been so chaotic lately. First, Ritik Bhai gets kidnapped, then my own  classmet tries to kill me and even Mahir Bhai. I just don't understand what's going on.

Bantu: You need to take a moment to calm down, Veer.

Veer took a deep breath, trying to collect himself.

Suddenly Puja approached them.

Puja: Hey guys ?

Bantu: Oh Hey Puja .

Veer: Bantu,  I think we need to go now.

Puja: Veer, I know you are upset, but please let me explain everything.

Veer remained silent, but Bantu interjected.

Bantu: Is this about the café?

Puja: Yes, but it's also about my past.

Bantu: Your past ?

Veer : She is Raghav Bhai's sister. And she has a twin named Radha who we met at the café.

Bantu: ( surprised) Hold on, I thought Raghav Bhai didn't have any sisters.

Veer: That's what I thought too.

Puja: My brother confirmed it, but there's more to the story that I need to tell you."

Bantu: I am confused yar 

Puja: I want to explain, but it seems like someone isn't interested in listening. ( Giving a side eyes to Veer)

Bantu: Bachhi come on yar, Sunlete hain na haam , kya bolna chahti hai wha Have a seat.

Veer: Fine.

The three of them sat down.

Puja :  We are not a good family , Papa he hated us ! He hated maa too. We were happy when we were in Bade papa house but after we left for Goa. It was horrible.( Taking a deep breath) My father... he was abusive. He not only hit my mother but us too. If we made any mistakes, he would punish us harshly, sometimes locking us in a room without food or water.

Veer and Bantu looked at each other shocked.

Puja : It was going like that only and one day.

Flashback :

The car trundles along the deserted road, Dheeraj's grip tight on the steering wheel as Gunjan gazes out the window, lost in thought.

Suddenly, Dheeraj slams on the brakes, bringing the car to stop. Gunjan looks over at him, confusion.

Gunjan: What's wrong, Dheeraj? Why did you stop?

Before she can finish her sentence, Dheeraj grabs her by the hair, pulling her towards him with force.

Dheeraj: I saw you... talking to someone at the market.

Gunjan's eyes widen in confusion.

Gunjan: Talking to someone? Dheeraj, it was just...

Before she can finish her sentence, Dheeraj's expression hardens.

Dheeraj: Don't lie to me, Gunjan. I saw the way you were looking at him.

Gunjan: Dheeraj please, He was just asking about the changing room!

With a sudden jerk, Dheeraj tightens his grip, accusing her.

Dheeraj: You were planning to follow him, weren't you ?

Gunjan tries to free herself, her voice trembling with indignation.

Gunjan: How dare you think like that? You have such a dirty mind to doubt your own wife!

In a fit of rage, Dheeraj slaps her, causing the girls in the backseat to flinch.

Dheeraj: What did you say ?!

Gunjan's eyes blaze with fury as she finally speaks her mind.

Gunjan: I am tired of your unfounded accusations! What about you? Still dreaming of being with that married woman ?

Dheeraj's blood boliled as he grabs Gunjan's neck, choking her.

Dheeraj: Yes, I love her! She's mine, no one else's! Stay out of it, or I will kill you !

Puja and Radha cry out, trying to help their mother. But  Dheeraj pushes them away.

Gunjan: Girls, run ! Run from here !

Struggling, Gunjan grabs a water bottle and hits Dheeraj's face with it. He staggers back, releasing her.

Gunjan: Go, now! Don't look back!

Puja and Radha, tears streaming down their faces, obey their mother and run out from the car.

Gunjan also opens the car door and run with her daughters.

As they were running they hear Dheeraj's car behind them. Ignoring his shouts, they keep running. Dheeraj speed up the car towards them.

Gunjan pushes her daughters aside, taking the hit of the car herself. She falls, lifeless, on the  road.

Puja and Radha run to their mother and cry, begging her to wake up, but Gunjan remains still.

Dheeraj stepped out of the car and knelt beside his wife's lifeless body.

Dheeraj : How many times did I tell you not to run into the road? Look what happened now!  ( Like a psycho)

Puja and Radha looked on in horror.

Radha: You are the one who killed her!

Radha's voice trembled with anger and grief as she confronted her father.

Puja: Radha, stop! Please !

Puja pleaded with her sister.

Dheeraj: (in a menacing tone) You dare accuse me ?

Dheeraj's hand shot out, gripping Radha's neck tightly.

Dheeraj: It was an accident! Your mother walked into the path of the car !

Radha: No ! (struggled to speak.)

Puja:  Papa, please let her go! We will do whatever you say. It was an accident, we promise.

Dheeraj looked at Puja and released Radha, who fell into Puja's arms, gasping for air.

Puja sobbed and hugged her sister.

After doing Gunjan's last rituals.Dheeraj cut off ties with his brother and never told them about the incident, he changed his phone number, and moved to a new house.

But despite these changes, he continued to torment his daughters.

Dheeraj's mental state worsened, leading him to lock Puja and Radha in the store room. He also physically and  mentally abuses them and neglects their basic needs.

Puja and Radha lost track of time while locked in the room until their bade papa  Rishabh rescued them and took them to the hospital. Despite feeling scared, Rishabh's family and especially Raghav's presence comforted them and gave them hope.

However, their hopes were dashed when they faced another traumatic incident the night before leaving the hospital.

To be continued......