CHAPTER -28

The truck, forcefully connected with Ritik's car, sent it into a wild spin. The car skidded dangerously, teetering on the edge of the road before succumbing to gravity and plunging into the dense jungle.

Amidst the chaos, the car rolled like a scene from an action-packed movie, branches snapping, leaves swirling, and the jungle echoing with the sounds of the collision. Ritik and Shivanya held onto each other, their expressions a mix of fear and determination.

As the car finally came to a stop, surrounded by the lush greenery, the dust settled.Ritik and Shivanya exchanged wide-eyed glances, realizing they had just survived a cinematic adventure through the jungle.

Ritik, channeling his inner hero, exerted every ounce of strength to pry open the car door, the jungle echoing with his determined efforts. Finally, with a resounding creak, the door gave way, granting them an escape from the wreckage.

Now, amidst the towering trees and the symphony of unknown sounds, Ritik and Shivanya faced a new challenge – no network.

Ritik, trying to lighten the situation, grinned at Shivanya, "Well, this isn't your typical day at the office, is it?"

Shivanya chuckled, "Definitely not. I didn't have 'jungle survival' on my agenda."

They shared a smile, realizing the absurdity of their situation. As they continued their journey, Ritik remarked, "You know, Shivanya, if we make it out of this jungle, we'll have quite the story to tell."

Shivanya, with a playful glint in her eyes, responded, "Our own jungle adventure – starring Ritik and Shivanya. Coming soon to theaters near you!"

As Ritik chuckled at Shivanya's jokes, she couldn't help but admire his infectious laughter. Caught in the act, Ritik noticed Shivanya gazing at him with a curious smile.

Ritik, bemused, asked, "What's with the stare, Shivanya? Did I grow an extra head?"

Shivanya, still smiling, replied, "No, it's just... I didn't know you had a laugh. I mean, a real one. I thought you were born with a serious expression."

Ritik mockingly gasped, "Me? Serious? Never!"

Shivanya grinned, "Seriously! I thought you were like one of those statues – perpetually stoic."

Ritik, joining in the fun, exclaimed, "Well, newsflash, Shivanya I do smile, I do laugh, and occasionally, I even tell terrible jokes."

Shivanya laughed, "Terrible jokes, huh? I can't wait to hear one."

And so, amidst the jungle's backdrop, their laughter echoed  a delightful symphony of unexpected joy in the midst of their wild escapade.

_______

Mahir entered the kitchen, blissfully unaware that Bela was already there, engrossed in her culinary domain. With a casual "Hey," he headed straight for the fridge, completely missing the subtle aroma of spices and the soft clinks of utensils.

Bela, startled by Mahir's unexpected entrance, turned with a smile, "Oh, Mahir! Didn't see you there. Thirsty?"

Mahir, playing it cool, nodded, "Yeah, I just needed some water."

As he reached for a glass, he tried to strike up a conversation, "So, what's cooking? Smells amazing."

Bela, still immersed in her cooking, replied, "Just experimenting with a new recipe. You know how it is."

He leaned against the counter, "Well, let me know if you need a taste tester. I'm always up for trying something new."

Bela chuckled, "Sure thing, Mahir. I might take you up on that offer."

As Mahir and Bela enjoyed their lighthearted chat in the kitchen, a sudden thud echoed from the dining area. Their laughter turned into concern as they rushed out, discovering Veer at the bottom of the stairs.

They hurried to him, worried etched on their faces. "Veer, are you okay?" they asked in unison.

Veer, a resilient little soul, brushed off the mishap with a grin, "I'm fine, just missed a couple of steps."

Mahir, a mix of relief and sternness, gently scolded, "Veer, how many times have I told you not to rush down the stairs like that?"

Veer, looking down, mumbled, "I know, bhai, but I was in a hurry."

Bela, intervening with a soothing touch on Mahir's arm, said, "Mahir, let's not scold him now. He's learned his lesson, haven't you, Veer?"

Veer nodded earnestly, "Yes, Bela di, I won't do it again."

Mahir, softened by the realization, pulled Veer into a tight hug, "Alright, champ. Just be careful next time, okay?"

"Hmm" Veer nodded in his brothers embarrassed.

"Mahir bhai" Veer asked breaking the hug.

" Yes ?"

Veer : When do you think Ritik bhai will be back from the office.

Mahir: He did mention he had a meeting today. Must be taking longer than expected.

Veer: I miss him, bhai.

Mahir: Don't worry, Veer. Ritik bhai will be back soon. Maybe the meeting got a bit stretched, but he'll be here before you know it.

Veer: I hope so.

Bela: Hey Veer, Mahir , guess what I heard today? Why don't scientists trust atoms?

Veer: I don't know, di. Why don't they?

Bela: Because they make up everything! Just like my attempt to make you both smile.

Mahir: (laughs )Well played, Bela! You really have a knack for brightening our day.

Veer: You're like the sunshine on a cloudy day, di, Thanks for the laughs!

Bela: Anytime, little brother! Laughter is the best medicine, especially when shared with family.

Veer smiled at Bela.

Suddenly Mahir's phone rings .

Mahir: (answers the phone) Hello?

Raghav: Mahir, where's Ritik? I've been trying to reach him, and even Shivanya, but no one's picking up!

Mahir: Raghav bhai, they might be in a meeting. Ritik Bhai mentioned he had one today.

Raghav: No, Mahir, this isn't normal. They never miss my calls. I'm really worried.

Mahir: Okay, Raghav Bhai ,calm down. We'll check and let you know. Maybe the meeting is running late.

Mahir hangs up and exchanges a concerned look with Veer and Bela .

Veer: Bhai, do you think something's wrong?

Mahir: I don't know, Veer, but we need to find out. Let's try calling Ritik and Shivanya.

Mahir dials Ritik's number, but it goes straight to voicemail. He tries Shivanya's, same result.

Mahir: This is strange. Raghav Bhai might be onto something. I should go check the office.

Veer: I hope everything's okay, bhai.

Mahir: Me too, Veer.

Bela : Everything will be fine have faith.

Mahir nodded his head and went to the office .

To be continued.........