CHAPTER - 33

As Raghav swings the door open,it was the person Veer had seen, the same individual involved in the tragic murder of Veer's parents and the terrifying ordeal where Veer was locked in a burning car.

Raghav crosses his arms, his gaze piercing as he confronts the man standing before him.

Raghav: (firmly) What are you doing in my house?

Man : (calmly) I came to see my daughters.

Raghav: (coldly) They are not your daughters. They are my sisters, and you have no right to claim any relationship with them.

Raghav: Just leave from here, Mohit.

Mohit: (with resentment) I am your father's age. You should show me some respect.

Raghav's expression remains stoic.

Raghav: (steadfastly) Respect is earned, not demanded. And you have done nothing to earn it from me neither from my sister. You ruined everything.

With a finality in his tone, Raghav issues a stern warning, his voice laced with resolve.

Raghav: (firmly) I never want to see you near my house again. Stay away from my family.

As Mohit's face contorts with anger. With a frustrated huff, he turns on his heel and storms away.

"Bhaiya, what happened?"

Raghav sighs heavily as he turns to face the voice calling him.

"It's nothing, Puja."

She furrows her brows, concern etched on her face.

"Bhaiya, it's Radha. You got confused again."

Raghav's eyes widen in realization, a faint smile playing on his lips as he chuckles softly.

"Gosh, it's not my fault that you two look alike."

"Because we are twins, bhaiya."She rolls her eyes playfully.

" Yah talk about her where is she ? It's night and she is still out ?"

" Yah that's why I come to you as she is not picking my call "

" Wait let me call her."

Raghav pulled his phone and he instantly got the upcoming call from Puja.

He hurriedly picked up the call.

Raghav : Hello ? Puja where are you? Why were not you not picking the call and ___

Puja: (anxiously) Bhaiya please... come to the hospital.

As Puja's words sink in, Raghav's eyes widen with apprehension, his instinct driving him into action.

Raghav: (urgently) I'll be there right away, Puja.

Turning to Radha, Raghav exchanges a meaningful glance with her.
_____

In the dimly lit room, Mahir stands before the solemn row of covered bodies, his heart heavy with grief.

As the officer slowly shows the burned body, Mahir feels his breath stop. Tears fill his eyes as he tries to recognize the burned face.

Officer: (softly) I'm sorry for your loss, Mr. Mahir. Take your time.

Mahir's hands tremble as he reaches out to touch the lifeless form, his heart wrenching with the painful realization of the irreversible tragedy.

Mahir: (voice quivering) It's... it's not him.

The officers exchange somber glances.

Officer: (gentle) Are you sure, Mr. Mahir?

Mahir: (firmly) Yes, I'm sure. This... this isn't my brother.