He nodded his head so I continued. "When we were...you know...did Jesse have…girlfriends, did he talk about other women or go out. Do you remember that? …seeing it or hearing about it."

"Why?" He asked.

"Because I want to know." I said, hoping that was a good enough answer. I didn't want to explain everything again. It was pretty easy to put two and two together but I know my mom needed my dad and she needed to tell him herself.

"Wow, hard to think on the spot." He answered.

"You don't have to answer right away. If you think of anyone, tell me?" I asked.

"Of course." He said. "Oh, before I forget, did you check the paper like I asked?"

"Um…no not yet. Sorry." I said, feeling guilty.

"You need to take care of your car, it's important. Anyways, I grabbed your keys when I woke up and check myself. You're due." He said.

"You went out in pyjamas? Wait, you went through my car?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said, like it was nothing.

"Dad! You don't need to do that, and I don't want you do to that. I know you're trying to help but don't snoop, it's rude." I said.

"I was half asleep Amanda. The last thing on my mind was to snoop in your car. I just wanted to check the paper and it was exactly where I left it from last time. Then I locked and closed the door. I came back inside…took my cup and filled it to the max with coffee." He said, giving me a play by play.

"Fine...thank you." I said feeling relieved.

I didn't have anything to hide but I never liked when people snooped in my things. Invasion of privacy was something I had trouble with, it could make me extremely angry in seconds.

"So I was thinking Wednesday, you could come by after I'm done work and I could change it then or leave me your car for a night…that would work too." He said.

"Wednesday sounds good, except if I'm working we might have to find another day, that's the only problem I see." I said.

"If you're working, that's what we'll do. I have no problem with that." He said, giving me a small smile.

"Thanks dad."

I sat down at the table with him. We both talked about work. I never brought up the subject of Blake.

My dad didn't know Blake and I were...whatever we were. I never told him and it wasn't Blake's place to say it. It's not that I'm ashamed of him or that I'm trying to hide it. I wasn't ready to say anything yet. With our conversation from the other night, we were starting to know a bit about each other.

Sex was one thing but a relationship was completely different. It didn't matter if we'd be just friends or more…I didn't want to rush it.

Also, I didn't know how my dad would handle knowing I was sleeping with a guy from his work. I knew my dad liked Blake from previous conversation but knowing that his daughter was sleeping with him, might change their friendship.

"How's the homework coming along?" He asked, referring to Emily's homework.

"Working on it. Did a little bit of progress but it’s too soon to tell." I said.

"Well, trying to have more girlfriends is hard. Women are hard to understand." He said.

"Yeah, some are the worst. Remember the girl that kept bullying me after school? Lisa showed up and kicked her in the leg and she started to cry?" I said with a big smile on my face.