Chapter 8

April 20, 2024, 9:00am

            Immediately upon waking up, my brows furrowed feeling the thin mattress I was lying across. Why didn't my alarm clock go off? Groaning, I more so flopped than rolled over to check that vary thing when a rough hand wrapping around my arm jolted me right back into reality.

"Wha-" I was cut off by a sharp shove towards the broken door.

"How long has this door been broke?" another voice more so yelled at the one which was now dragging me toward the wall at the back of the room. I hadn't gotten a chance to see who he was in my groggy state.

"Don't know but I doubt he even noticed" oh, this was Mr. Clipboard.

I tuned out of the argument paying more attention to my wrists which were now being tied around a steel pole a few feet from the wall. Mr. Clipboard pushed me down into a sitting position before totally securing the band tight around it.

"Stay here" was gruffly spoken before he stalked off past my view. 

Oh yeah, like I can totally just get up and walk away right now. I rolled my eyes at the wall I was facing. 

Somone else was pushed up against the same pole in a similar fashion as me. I turned my head as far as it would go to the side catching a glimpse of chestnut hair confirming my suspicion. I took notice of the fact her band cuff things were being clipped onto mine, strange. 

We got absolutely no explanation regarding what was going on, he simply strolled right on back to wherever he came from. Once he was out of sight I felt Adalyn tug her wrists, which caused my arms to yank backwards a bit. 

"Oh shit, sorry" was exclaimed at the clink of my head against the pole.

"Thanks for the concussion" I responded with the upmost sarcasm. That really hurt though, who knew how forceful she could pull.

"Do you see anything back there?" no matter how hard I tried I could not see directly behind myself.

A pause. "Mm, just a bunch of them walking back and force, they look a little bit in a rush."

My mind instantly went to the worst-case scenario "like a... panicked rush? or a hurry up kind of rush?"

"They just look like their getting ready for... something" I felt her shift around again "god these cuffs are really tight" was muttered.

A low humming noise began emitting from the floor. I don't think I've ever heard that before.

"Do you know what that is? "I whispered tuning my head to the side.

"What?" 

"Listen" she stopped struggling against her restraints going still.

She didn't get a chance to respond as the whole room was sharply jostled to the side, whatever Adalyn was about to say was transformed into an equally sharp scream. We were both thrown way off balance, barely having time to right ourselves before another bump hit.

My legs came up bracing against the floor as what I assume was a spacecraft picked up a ton of speed, so fast it felt like a free fall but not downwards. Neither of us attempted to speak as we continued to get thrown side to side with every hard shake getting continuously harder.

We endured this for minutes on end before the floor suddenly evened out into a nice smooth stillness. It stopped so fast I was winded, feeling my heart thud as if I just ran a marathon. 

Relaxing against the pole I noticed an odd pressure around my hands, my brows knitted together in confusion.

Oh. "You want to release your death grip on my hands now?" seriously though her hands were really clamped onto mine with how our cuffs were attached.