Chapter 6

April 10,2024 5:00pm

            It's been two days since these people, (or..creatures?) had taken me to what I assume was their medical room or maybe a lab of sorts. Since then I have not been bothered or paid any attention to. Though I was relived to be unharmed, it didn't change the fact that they were also not giving me anymore food.

My stomach growled once more feeling the need to remind me; as if I had forgotten. Adalyn told me since she has been here, she only got food when they needed her for something which was every few days. When she stretched the other day causing her shirt to rise a bit, I could tell from the faint visual of her ribs she wasn't lying. 

I jolted up from my spot on the bed at the sound of the glass door opening and one of the 'men' standing there. All he did was wave me over with his hand, well that was strange. I swallowed my pride and crossed my arms walking out of the tiny room which I was well acquainted with. 

He led me down that same dim, but somehow lit up hallway roughly holding my shoulder. I could definitely run if I wanted but I was sane enough to realize I had absolutely no idea what direction to go.

I looked up when he jerked me to a stop inside a new room. The floor was a black tile to match the walls, and there was a single what I assume to be a shower head on the wall. I turned around to the man in question.

"You smell" was all he had the nerve to say. Rude.

He proceeded to point at the shower head clearly indicating me to go shower. I sighed walking the few feet over expecting him to wait outside.

"So, are you going to wait out there?" I tried my best not to set him off or something. He shook his head no, settling his hands into his pockets. 

I frowned.

Well then, ok. I decided to just get it over with as I turned the water on which was ice cold, quickly shedding my t-shirt and jeans making sure to keep my boxers on. There was absolutely no way I was going sit here completely naked in front of this guy.

I immediately see why he refused to leave as I notice a razor on the little shelf attached to the wall. I spent the next ten minutes scrubbing everywhere I could, washing my poor greasy hair, and shaving my face which had a tiny bit of Stuble. Once I was finally fully clothed once again the man began leading me back down the long hallway.

            I was back tied to the same chair I was in when I first woke up, staring at the same door I had before. At this point I was certain they wouldn't kill me since Adalyn said they need us, but I was still very much on edge.

After a few minutes of listening to the air vent, the door opened allowing the same man who first talked to me to step in. He had his clipboard again; was he the clipboard man or something? I'm going to call him Mr. Clipboard.

"I have something I need you to answer and answer honestly, if you do not answer honestly, I will make you" his voice deepened a bit at the last detail. That may be the longest sentence he had spoken to me in one sitting.

I nodded shifting in my seat a bit.

For the next hour, he asked things such as where people live, modes of transportation, reproduction rate, lifespan, basically every aspect of people. As he kept going and going, I just about fully accepted what Adalyn had told me about them not being humans, and my own suspicions. These questions were things only some other-worldly species would not know, such as him asking if we live underwater at all.

"How do humans defend themselves?" he spoke in the same monotonous voice as before, but this seemed to be of higher importance. I hesitated in answering a moment.