Alan smiled and hugged him, making Jeff lean against him. The water was warm and pleasant. Jeff closed his eyes, but opened them again shortly after hearing a noise coming from the other room.

-What was that?

-Oh, don't worry, it's Charlie-.

-Charlie?!-

-Yeah, well, he called me this morning, wanted to know how you were doing....and I told him your heat was over....and he insisted on coming here...-

-To do what?!- Jeff covered his face with his hands. Seeing Charlie now....after those days....

-You're easily embarrassed, huh? Ahah. He offered to cook something for lunch, he just wants you to feel better-

-Mmm, okay....by the way, Alan, thanks for being with me these days- he said in a whisper.

-It's not like I didn't like it....- he joked -Ouch!- Jeff hit him to make him shut up.

-I was kidding, haha- Alan became serious again and kissed him on the head. This time Jeff smiled and relaxed.

-Have you heard anything about the videos and Jesse?-Jeff turned his head to him. In those four days it obviously hadn't even crossed his mind what had happened in Jesse's apartment.

-Not really, it's not like I've had a lot of time or energy...- Alan emphasized the last word, making Jeff blush again -....but Charlie wanted to talk to us about it today-.

-Maybe we should go out...he's over there waiting...-

-Take it easy, he said to take as much time as we want-

-Jeff!!!-Charlie threw himself at his brother as soon as the latter entered the living room.

-Charlie...you didn't have to come...-

-How are you? Did Alan behave well?-

Jeff turned to Alan, who was about to burst out laughing, and decided it was best to avoid that topic.

-Is there anything to eat? I'm hungry-

-Of course, come on I have prepared lunch-.

They ate quietly except for the moments when Charlie would not stop asking how Jeff was feeling and the omega tried to avoid those questions as best he could.

-Anyway about Jesse....we were able to contact at least five people in those videos and a couple of them knowing that there were other people involved are thinking of going to press charges against him...if that's not enough we can post the videos as you proposed and black out the faces of the people involved so that only Jesse is recognizable. Jesse is not visible in every video but many of his friends are-

-Okay...thank you Charlie, really-

-Are you okay? -Charlie noticed something strange in his tone of voice.

-Thanks, for everything- Jeff did not know what was getting into him. All the memories of the last few months had come back to him, all the things he had been through....and now knowing that it was all coming to an end was giving him tremendous relief.

-You're not crying, are you?-Charlie joked.

Jeff rubbed his eyes.

-Crying? I'm not crying-he struggled to say.

Charlie got up from his seat and hugged him.

-It will all be over soon, I promise-.

-Thank you...Charlie...- Jeff hid his face in his brother's embrace hiding the tears that were streaking his cheeks.

Charlie left only after making sure that Jeff had gone back to bed. According to him, his brother should have slept and rested at least until the next day and he had not wanted to hear any objections.

-I brought you some hot tea, here- Alan handed him the cup as he sat down at the edge of the bed.

-Thanks, Alan-

It was really coming to an end....Jesse would pay for what he had done and Jeff would be safe with Alan. He would be able to live his life peacefully, finish his degree and never have to worry about anything or anyone again.....he would become free of his past.

But there was still one thing that gave him no peace...he could not truly be free if he did not tell the truth...he could not continue to hide it. It was part of the past, it was true, and it probably had no relevance at that moment, but Alan had the right to know it....Alan trusted him, and Jeff certainly could not continue to keep quiet about it....

He was afraid of his possible reaction, it was true..... however, he hoped that he would take it well, that he would accept it...he couldn't risk that then one day Alan would find out by himself....

-Alan, can we talk...?-