iv. it's pathetic

"Girl, your eyes are so puffy. What happened to you?" Hoseok said when I met them the next day, and I let out a tight smile.

"She was with Jungkook last night," Taehyung blurted out, and I looked at him. Hoseok looks at me with sad eyes. Taehyung pinched my cheek.

"So what happened?" Taehyung asks.

"We had dinner with Mingyu. He introduced me to Mingyu." I said, and Hoseok chuckled.

"You should text Mingyu and go out with him. You can't be miserable over Jungkook every time." He said, and before I could even answer, my phone vibrated, and it was a message from an unknown number, but I caught a glimpse of the message before Taehyung could even pick up my phone.

"Speaking of, Mingyu sent you a message!" Taehyung said and handed my phone back.

I looked at his message and smiled softly.

Hi, Y/N! It's Mingyu, are you free tomorrow? For lunch?

"So? Is he asking you out on a date?" Hoseok asks, and I playfully nudge his shoulder.

"He was asking if I'm free for lunch tomorrow." I said, and Hobi smirked. Taehyung then began teasing me. I licked my lower lip and decided to give it a try.

Try getting over Jungkook.

I accepted Mingyu's invite for lunch, and I spent the rest of my day catching up with Hoseok before he caught his flight to America.

Taehyung messed up with my hair before sitting beside me as he puffed out the smoke.

"Jungkook is leaving tomorrow, with Hoseok hyung. Jia is currently in America, and you know.. He will probably.."

I looked at Taehyung and nodded my head.

"I know what you mean, Tae." I said, 'And I'm genuinely rooting for him." I said, and Taehyung scoffed.

"Yeah, but you're hurting, baby." Taehyung said.

"I mean, that's the consequence of loving someone who loves someone else, and he's my best friend." I said, "I'll be fine, Tae." I added and smiled at him.

I know it's pathetic. Sometimes, I feel so pathetic, and it makes me loathe myself. I wish things were different.

The lunch with Mingyu came, we ate on the restaurant near my office. Before Mingyu came, Taehyung messaged me and said that he had dropped off Hoseok and Jungkook at the airport.

Surprisingly, I enjoyed my lunch with Mingyu. He was really good, and we shared a lot of things, and it made it easier to relate to him.

"Thank you for coming, Y/N. I hope this is not the last," He said shyly, and I cooed.

He's so big but acting shy around me. It's cute.

"Of course, uh, do you want to see our exhibit on Sunday? Before it actually opens up to the public?" I asked, and I watched his smile grow bigger.

"Definitely! I would love to," He said, and I smiled at him too.

"Let me walk you back to your office." Mingyu offered, and I nodded.

While walking, Mingyu and I talked about work and how he enjoys photography too. Though he's more inclined with film photography, and suddenly my thoughts drifted back to Jungkook

Photography is something Jungkook and I share, too. It was our escape. I still clearly remember the day I met Jungkook when he was in the mall, looking for a good camera and picking out a good lens.

I was just starting in the industry, and Jungkook has always been there. He was one of the main reasons why I made it big. He trusted my skills so much, and that's why Hybe and BigHit trusted me too to be their head photographer. Since then, it was the beginning of my dreams.