i. you're calling

I can't lie it feels nice that you're calling..

"Hey, Y/N.. Aren't you going to answer your phone?" I was snapped out of my thoughts when Yunjin spoke, and the sound of my phone became clear to me.

I blinked a few times before diverting my gaze to my phone, and Jungkook's name was on the screen.

I swallowed hard. I pursed my lip before picking up my phone.

It's been two weeks since we last talked. Since he.. last needed me.

I silenced my phone, yet the call went on, I traced the letter of his name on my screen. The first call ended, and after a few minutes, his name popped up on my screen again.

I sighed softly before finally picking up my phone and answering his call.

"Jungkook-ah..."

"Y/N..."

We spoke at the same time. I licked my lower lip at the sound of his voice, and a part of me was so relieved that he called, and I can't really lie, I can't conceal the feeling of relief that he called.

"Did I interrupt your work?" Jungkook asked, and Yunjin looked at me with knowing eyes. I looked at my laptop in front of me, the papers that were scattered on my desk, the deadlines that were waiting for me, yet I ended up shaking my head.

"No, of course. What's up?" Yunjin let out a heavy sigh before leaving the room. I heard Jungkook take a deep breath, and I leaned against the chair as I waited for him to speak.

I waited... like I always do.

"Can we meet up, please? I need you.." Jungkook said

Here we go again, yet I can't help but run back to you.

I sat there, none of us spoke for the next minute, and I could hear the sound of his heavy breaths.

I know better, I know that I shouldn't, I know that it's much better to say no.. but I can't because I know that when it was him who called, I would always run to wherever he was, to give him the comfort he needs, to provide him the care he wants.

Would he do the same for me?

No.

"Where are you?" I asked as I saved my work and closed my laptop.

"The usual, our spot." He said slowly, and I hummed.

Without hesitation, I left the studio, Yunjin was just looking at me as I went inside my car and texted Jungkook that I'm on my way to our spot. I wonder what happened this time. I should get my mind off the things that shouldn't bother me but the hypocrisy of it eats me away because I know I couldn't, I know that the more I let Jungkook in, the more I involve myself in his situation.

But I don't care, I never cared because what matters to me is that we keep talking, as long as we keep talking.

I parked my car in front of the gate of Jungkook and I's usual spot. I see his motorcycle just on the entrance. I left my bag in my car, I went out, and Jungkook was on the Veranda. A cigarette in his hand.