VIII. Snowflakes whisper

3rd Pov

Y/n had just left the president's office. He was still a bit overwhelmed and felt in danger from all the questions and all the interests the president showed on him. Instead of going to the class as he would normally do, he decided to walk a bit around the Academy. He wandered through the corridors. Most people were in class, outside them just some pets. They had their heads down, ashamed of their status, and afraid they would be abused by any person finding them. Y/n couldn't help but think about the cruelty of the system. What made the president implement such a system? What does she win from it? Enjoyment? Her character was based on mere excitement, just as Yumeko's one, but somehow, both of them were completely different. One seemed more serious, strict, cold, thoughtful, powerful, somehow more rational, and the other seemed to search excitement without being aware of the consequences, to let her be controlled by her feelings, more irrational. It seemed they were the two sides of the same coin, different yet similar. Equally scary in their own ways.

His little walk without destiny made him end up in the library. There was absolute silence. After all, most of the people were in class. He grabbed his headphones and decided to play some music while investigating the books of this academy. He wasn't searching anything in particular, more just filling up the time with something to be entretained. The library was divided into corridors. Each corridor corresponded to one category: novels, poetry, biographies, languages ... all sorts of books someone could think of. The shelves were a bit old, of wood, matching the aesthetic of the rest of the academy, but most importantly, very tall, there was some kind of stair that could be swiped from one to another side of the shelves so you could reach the upper books. Y/n walked through the corridors. There were many novel books in its corresponding shelevs, divided into classic novelists and newer ones, same as in the poetry corridor. All the books in these categories seem to have been very used. His little investigation in the library made him reach the corridor of what it would be the "spares" some manuals, not very famous books, like if in that corridor there were all leftovers from the library. He went specifically to the part of manuals and swiped his fingers through the books. There were cooking ones, mechanic ones, psychology ones, magic ones, of many kinds. Y/n stopped his fingers over a pair of books, white hard cover ones. They seemed quite new books. No broken pages or anything. "The art of body language" together with "Bluff or not?". By the titles, it was obvious the books were going to talk about gambling and body language meanings. Y/n took the books in his hands and started to walk out of the library.

Before he could leave, he heard a cry coming from the inside. He stooped the music he was playing and hanged his headphones over his neck. Y/n started to walk silently towards the sound. He reached one of the corners of the library and heard the cries more loudly. He turned over a corridor and saw a girl sitting on the floor. She had her knees bent, and the head rested on them, while her hands sourranded her legs, she was like a little ball. Y/n could recognize her. It was clearly by her hair color that the girl who was sobbing on the ground was Sayaka, the loyal secretary of the president. Y/n approached her and sat next to her.

Y/n: Sayaka-san....what happens?

Sayaka looked up and turned to see Y/n sat next to her, sitting down in hope he was going to be able to comfort her.

Sayaka: What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at the office?

Y/n: I left already, but why are you here crying alone? Is it because the president told you to leave twice today?

Sayaka: No, it's not.

Y/n: I'm sorry, but it's hard to believe so. You are at the very end of the library where usually no one comes, so you have come here to be alone and cry, and as soon as I have asked you, you denny it but turn to look the other way.