38: End

Okay. Okay. The blades of the skates quickly cut through the ice. Somewhere, a defender blocks the attacker with his body, but the attacking team's wing runs right in and clears the way. puck! The players' rock-like bodies collide in the air. Moans and heavy breathing are drowned out by the cheers of the audience. Everyone's attention is focused only on whether that black puck goes into the goal. To do that, you have to keep bumping into it and break through it with force. The rink is cool, but a fiery heat spreads above it. The coach's instructions were given to left wing Woo Min-jae. Destroy the opposing team's players with the readiness to incur major penalties. Woo Min-jae, who was replaced by Link, could already hear huge cheers from the fans. All they wanted was a fight. They grabbed each other by the collar, shook their fists, and hit each other with their elbows. It's not even a thing to touch someone's body knowingly or unknowingly with a stick. Shall we push through the fence? It was already thrilling to think about using all my might against someone. This is why Minjae liked ice hockey. A game where fighting becomes a strategy. A time when he could freely release the beast-like instincts he had suppressed. He lunged at his opponent, baring his teeth and grinning.

After giving up his activism and returning to Korea, Woo Min-jae couldn't believe his decision. However, as if he was possessed by something, he was already in front of Kwon Hee-chan. The moment I saw him, all my regrets disappeared. His heart pounded as if he were on the rink. He never imagined that he would feel this way, not amidst the cheers of others, but in front of just one person. He deliberately suppressed this heat and excitement. The feast in front of us was not yet complete. He wasn't something to smile and be happy about just because he liked his opponent, Ghana.

'In the end, love also comes to an end. To avoid the worst end, it would be better to let them go one by one. It's easier if you give up in advance.'

Heechan said casually. His acceptance of himself had a completely different meaning than Minjae's acceptance of him. A relationship that will end someday? Whose will it be? Minjae wanted to know why he thought like this. The first thing that comes to mind is that he must have been abandoned by someone. He's probably one of his parents. Minjae knew that Heechan resented his father for leaving home when he was in high school. And I don't know why it suddenly occurred to him. The haggard-looking man I met by chance on the street after the summer vacation of my second year of school began.

'You ran away from home before the summer vacation of your second year in high school. 'What did you do then?'

Heechan's expression immediately turned cold at the question. The detonator was hit. I remembered sitting like a beggar in front of a Japanese restaurant and staring at someone inside. The question I really wanted to ask was this. Who was in it? Just then, the person in charge of his work came with the research data that Minjae had requested. It was information about Hee-chan's father. What Minjae paid attention to was the apartment where Heechan's father lived with the woman he was having an affair with. It was near a Japanese restaurant. He looked back at Hee-chan playing her game. Did you run away from home to visit your father? However, looking at his appearance at the time, it seems that he was unable to come forward. How can you follow one person for days like a beggar? I don't know the ending. I eventually met my father, but we fought and broke up. Or maybe he just came back without meeting me. The important thing is that he feels abandoned. And this could be more serious than Minjae thought. Woo Min-jae didn't want to lose him. I was thinking of using any method. Fouling was just a strategy for him.

The reason why a good idea occurred to him was because of a stroke of luck. Withdrawing the investment when Hee-chan came was the right choice. Minjae deliberately attributed this to Heechan.

'You might be the goddess of luck for me.'

Although Heechan liked it, he just took it lightly. Does not matter. It's the same at first, but things will change if the coincidence repeats itself. Minjae's plan was simple. Let's make a coincidence. Let's make a few coincidences so that he believes it's fate. You don't need much. If Hee-chan had an experience that others wouldn't believe, he would have doubts a few times and come to believe in Woo-myung. And soon after, the car was destroyed by a motorcycle that ran into it. Minjae deliberately did not reply to Heechan's text. I put my cell phone and luggage back in the car that had been hit by the accident and left them with the restaurant manager who came downstairs.