34

Actually, I was scared too. As I looked at my phone without an answer for 20 minutes, I admitted that I, too, was a coward. Since the relationship is over anyway, I decided to keep it simple and start dating, but I was concerned about the late reply when I sent him this text message. I broke my promise last time and couldn't contact Woo Min-jae. Because he had an accident. Could the same thing happen again? I pressed the call button, deliberately trying to think nothing of it. The signal has gone. However, after ringing for a while, a message came out saying that the phone could not be answered.

"Fuck."

"Who is it? Is the person who borrowed the money not answering the phone?"

Even without turning around, it was Jihong. Namsu went to buy drinks and Jihong came back after getting some fresh air on the veranda. Looking at the cell phone tightly held in her hand, it seemed like she was in a similar situation to me.

"Aren't you answering the phone too?"

I flinch. Jihong turned her head to one side and after a moment. she answered.

"I didn't call. I texted."

"what?"

"........you do not have to know."

The guy sat down in front of me and looked at me.

"I thought you couldn't date."

"why?"

"You didn't believe in love. When Cheol-hwan was dating. When Cheol-hwan said something about her lover, you told her to break up quickly instead of hurting him by betraying her later. You seemed to have distrusted love since long ago. I'm right. ?"

About half. I added, getting her nod.

"I think there will definitely be distrust in you."

"Hey. The truth is hard to hear."

"That's right. That's right. That's right, Lee Ji-hong."

"why?"

"Don't text the girl you like about the things you're upset about that she said to us. She'll look like she's making excuses and it'll make her look sick."

"Do you think I would have sent something like that? Oh my..."

As soon as he finished speaking, he got up and went out to the veranda again. And she eagerly touched the screen of her phone. I also took out my cell phone and called again. Where the hell has this kid gone? When I canceled the appointment, I said I was sorry and asked what I would do. Does he exercise? Looking at the answer, the reason I can't answer the phone right now could be because I'm in the middle of exercising. I understood it that way in my head, but the anxiety did not go away. When Woo Min-jae's calls went unanswered four times, Ji-hong came back inside. Her expression seemed to be somewhat stiff, but she tried to smile as if nothing had happened.

"It's nice to get some fresh air."

"It's 31 degrees outside."

"...I guess I lived in Africa in a past life."

"What about past lives? Hey, just say that all human ancestors lived in Africa."

"Crazy. So you're saying that an African bear came to Korea after eating garlic? You're saying something that makes sense."

Well, even if I thought about it, it didn't make sense. There's no way there's garlic in Africa. There may be bears.

"Stop talking nonsense and watch your relationship."

"What? If you say it right, I don't believe in love, so there's less chance of being betrayed and less things to be careful about, right?"

"That's right. That's why I thought you might be too careful and end up letting go of the person you really like."