1

9 p.m.

For others, it was time to end the day, but for me, it was time to work.

"Hey, didn't you shake off what's left of No. 3?"

Jiyong, who was carrying small packaging boxes, stuck his head into his office.

"I couldn't sell that."

"Why? I told you to hand it over to President Park, right?"

Ah, that's it... Jiyong must have been frightened by my expression, so he put down the box and turned his body.

"Why are you taking that down?"

Jiyong quickly picked up the box again.

"President Park said the unit price was lower than the original price. So Chung-yeon said that was a bit harsh..."

"Bring it."

Jiyong hurriedly moved his box and rushed over. I checked the ledgers and inventory again and tried to figure out what to do with No. 3, who had been causing me a lot of trouble for several days now. There were a few places that came to mind, so I called and got a response from one of them saying they would contact me after signing up. While waiting for the phone call, Jiyong ran in a hurry and brought Chungyeon with him. He was panting as much as Jiyong and looking at me. He was 10 years older than me and the head of a family with two children, but he was in a position to learn the trade under me. Before coming here, he worked at a well-known company for over 10 years, but was fired last year due to company circumstances. I don't know why someone who graduated from a good university and only used to work on the computer in the office wanted to learn wholesale, but I've been holding on for half a year. I don't know if he will survive this time too.

"Huh, huh... Gwili No. 3..."

Mr. Chungyeon wiped the sweat from his forehead with dirty work gloves, as if he had run over while helping with loading and unloading.

"The director has already sent the car... at a ridiculous price... so he said if it's not his price, he'll send the car somewhere else..."

"Mr. Jeong Chung-yeon, what did I tell you to do? I told you to dispose of all of Kkwari No. 3 within today, right? We have agreed on the price with President Park, so all you have to do is hand over the goods and receive the money. Isn't that right?"

"Yes, that's right."

I thought he was going to blame President Park again, but he just nodded his head as if it was his fault. And he stood restlessly, like a student unable to meet his teacher's eyes. He said that he had lost 6kg while working at the early morning market for half a year, and although he was pitifully thinner than before, he had no intention of looking at it.

"Do you know what I did wrong? Why would President Park suddenly lower the price that he agreed to verbally with me? Jeong Chung-yeon, aren't you looking at me?"

He quickly raised his eyes. Jiyong, who came late nearby, just rolled his eyes at the harsh atmosphere.

"What did I do wrong? Tell me?"

"President Park... I couldn't negotiate the price properly with President Park..."

"Why did President Park suddenly force me?"

Even though he was in a position to learn from me, I think it was difficult for him to get scolded and express his shortcomings in front of someone ten years younger than him. His expression hardened. Shame spread across his eyes.

"....I guess it's because I'm so easygoing."

"I know."

I said a word and answered the ringing phone. It was a place that said they would check and contact me. Fortunately, there was some attention to my troubles. But, perhaps because they sensed that I was in a hurry, they didn't say they would buy it right away. Business cannot always be profitable. It's not a bad idea to take a step back when you can at least get your money's worth.