Chapter 17~ Tears and Truths

~ Susannah's POV~

I awoke with a terrible pounding in my head. My face felt really puffy and when I looked in the mirror that confirmed the way I felt. I looked like death warmed up. I slapped on some makeup and put on a swimsuit jeans and a hoodie. I put on my bracelets and looked in the mirror. I pulled them off again. No more hiding. I picked up my surf bag and surfboard. I grabbed my keys and walked out the door leaving my phone behind. I didn't want anyone contacting me. I ran down the stairs to the lobby.

" Hey Mike if anyone comes by to see me can you tell them I'm out?" I ask the lobby guy.

" Yeah sure. I was able to put on those 2 hooks you gave me yesterday onto your bike. It should definitely hold your surfboard no problem." He replied

" Thanks Mike. How's the surfing going for you?" I asked.

" It's going really well. I actually got sponsorship from redbull! Thank you so much for all the help."

" Oh no problem. It was a pleasure helping. Congratulations! Listen I really have to go but I will talk to you later. " I waved goodbye and got back into the lift to go down to the underground car park. I put the board on the bike clips and I climbed onto the motorbike. I drove to Maroubra and I got changed into my wetsuit. I ran out and surfed for a while.

~ Jesse's POV~

I had arrived outside the apartment block. I walked into reception and towards the lift.

" Susannah has gone out. She had her surfboard with her and she took her motorbike." Mike explained.

" Thanks bro. Did she tell you where she was going?" I asked.

" No but I gather it was Maroubra. She looked like she needed some space. "

" Great. I've got to go. If she comes back here tell her to ring me cause I'm looking for her." I said rushing out the door. I jumped into my jeep and drove to Maroubra. She wasn't out surfing. I decided to check the beach. I found her sitting on the Rubix cube with a towel wrapped around her. I slowly approached her and I sat down beside her.

" I'm sorry." She whispered. Her voice was barely audible.

" Hey.. You have nothing to be sorry for." I replied softly hugging her. " Do you want to talk?" She shook her head no.
" That's okay. I'm here for you. Always. I love you."

" I love you too."

We sat there on the cube for a while. We didn't talk. I was watching a husband and wife playing with their little baby daughter on the sand.

" How was your night out? " She asked me.

" Oh it was fine. I can't remember much of it though. Last thing I remember was Harries up on the table dancing in a bikini. How was your night? " I asked.

" Terrible. "

" Why? "

" I don't really want to talk about it."

I sighed. " I know I said I didn't want to push you but how is this relationship going to work if you don't tell me things. Why did Matt Dee find you on top of Bronte cliffs drunk off your face when you were supposed to be at Jennifer's house? Or Why you have those cuts on your wrists and stomach? Or why you keep calling out for Jake and Jessica in the night when you are asleep? Who are they?" I asked.

She jumped down from the cube and left. I followed her to the car park.

" Stop Jesse. I don't want to talk right now. Just leave me alone."