Chapter 8~ Make me something Irishy

" Listen, Susannah, I'm just going to cut straight to the point.. I'm really sorry to say this but..." Hoppo said.

" You are going to have to put up with us for a bit longer! " Harries said jumping up and giving me a hug.

" Wait what?" I asked. I was confused. I got it?

" You're on the team! " He said.

" OH MY GOD! Really?" I asked in disbelief

" Yes! Yes really! " Hoppo said.

" YEWWWW " I shouted.

" Okay okay. Now down to business. When can you start? " He asked.

" Well I was out last nigh. So I can't really work today because my alcohol levels would still be too high. " I said disappointed.

" Well that is very responsible that you have mentioned that. Can you start tomorrow?" He asked.

" Yes yes! I would love to!"

" Right well if you go with Harries he will get your uniform." He explained. I followed Harries out of Hoppo's office and into a store room. He gave me a few pairs of boardies, swimsuits, bikinis, thongs, hats and a few tubes of Bondi zinc suncream for my pommie skin. I put them into my bag and waved goodbye as I started walking back to Maxi. I was going to pretend I didn't get the job. I pinched my cheeks and pushed out a few tears.

" Susannah wants wrong?" He asked as he enveloped me in a hug.

" I.... I ...... I didn't get it! " I gushed. I would get an Oscar for that performance.

" W-what? But I thought..." He looked at me and saw my huge smile.

" HAHAHAHAHAAAA SUCKER! I got the job! " I explained.

" YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!" Maxi said jumping up and down. " Hold on a minute Jesse is calling me. " he said as he took out his phone and answered it.
" Hey Jess. Yeah. Yes actually she is here with me right now. Woah mate calm down. Yes. I'm putting her on now. Yes. Okay Bye. " he said as he handed his phone over to me.

" Hey Jesse! " I said.

" What happened last night? I had a load of missed calls when I woke up this morning and then Gonzo said something about you almost getting mugged and someone broke your nose.." He said.

" I'm fine. I got hungry at 2 am. I went to the shops to get some food. When I came out some guy tried to mug me. I rang Maxi cause I knew he was closer and no I didn't break my nose it is just bruised. " I replied.

" Oh right babe. Hope your snoz is okay? Wait why is Maxi with you? " he asked suspiciously.

" I went to the pub with Maxi and the rest of the guys then we decided to carry on the party back at Maxi's and then someone took out the karaoke and well.. How much detail do you want me to go into because I can't remember much after that." I explained.

" It's ok babe. Any news from Hoppo yet? " he asked.

" Well yes actually there is. It's not good news. It looks like you are going to be seeing a lot more of me down at the beach in blue. " I explained.

" Babe that's brilliant! " he said.

" Listen I have to go because Maxi is complaining that I'm using up all his credit. But I love you Bye." I said and hung up.

" Do you want to come back to mine? The least I owe you is some lunch. You did drive me everywhere and help me last night. " I say.

" Well... That depends..." He says.