Chapter 50

*Vikranth Pov*

"Do you want me to get anything for you?" Anny asked Prathap who is sitting opposite to me with a worried look.

"No need! By the way, why did you call Shrishti Stealer when she proposed?" He asked glancing at her and I turned to glance at Kanika who is smiling at Anny.

"Nothing! I will go and get some water for us." Saying that she stood up to leave and he followed her while pestering her to answer.

Kanika chuckled at them and then turned to glance at me only to find I am already staring at her.

"Are you worried about Shrishti?" She asked lifting her hand to caress my cheek.

"No!" I replied continuing to stare at her.

As she nodded and shifted to remove her hand, I held it with my hand to my cheek asking, "Shall we get married?"

She was startled and stared at me with a shocked look for a few seconds before replying, "No!"

This time I was startled as I didn't expect her rejection at all. I was nervous to ask her but never thought of getting that answer from her.

We both heard a few throats clearing sounds and turned to find all the elders standing a bit away from us and were looking at us directly.

Kanika got her hand removed from my hold and stood up to greet them and left saying, "Shrishti is still in labour and Nitish is with her. I will go and get some water for you all."

After she left, everyone sat down and Pramod Uncle sat beside me while Leela Aunty is assuring Mohan Uncle that everything will be fine and Dad just sat there in silence but continued to stare at me.

Pramod Uncle cleared his throat again and I asked him, "Do you want water urgently as it seems you are having a trouble in your throat, Uncle?"

He stared at me for a second and then laughed saying, "Sorry! I just didn't expect you will follow my Son's footsteps of getting the proposal rejected."

"Exactly! Now, you should stop scolding your son for that as even Vikranth gets a rejection." Leela Aunty added and I covered my face to ignore all of them.

After sometime, Kanika returned with Anny and Prathap with water bottles and passed them to everyone. She hesitated to pass one to me but after a second, she walked over with a calm expression.

I just stared at her without looking away and tried to understand her reasons. I am not blaming her as she must have a reason to reject my proposal.

Maybe I should try again properly instead of just blurting it out. Pramod Uncle make me more willed towards another proper proposal when he said, "Women want some kind of good proposal. Don't just ask like that."

"What? What are you saying?" Prathap asked hearing his Dad's voice.

"Proposal? You all found that Shrishti proposed Nitish?" Anny asked and this time everyone glanced at her.

"She proposed him? Why didn't he propose her?" Mohan Uncle asked frowning.

"Wasn't she against it? How can he propose her?" Anny asked back.

"So, they both will get married?" Leela Aunty asked with a happy expression and looks like she is controlling her tears.

"Yes!" Anny said nodding at her smiling and they both talked about how Shrishti proposed while Mohan uncle continued to worrry.

After some time, finally we saw a nurse walking out of the room saying, "Both Mother and Baby are safe. And it's a healthy baby girl."

For a few minutes, everyone were talking congratulating each other and hugging with happy smiles.