Chapter 35

*Kanika Pov*

"Someone finally remembered that she has a best friend?" I rolled my eyes hearing those sarcastic words and continued to walk towards the couch and sat down beside her.

"I called you so many times to join me but you didn't." I pointed out while pulling her cheek.

"Ah!" she made a sound and pushed me before rubbing her cheek.

"Not going to meet her today?" She asked passing the chips bowl she was holding.

"No! I remembered my best friend and came here directly." I replied holding the bowl and then glanced at Nitish.

"You are her manager and letting her eat these?" I asked to which he shrugged.

"I am her manager for name sake only. She doesn't listen to what I say." I chuckled and glanced at Shrishti who was typing on her phone.

"How are feeling these days?" I asked and she glanced up smiling.

"Good! But I am finding it difficult to walk around these days." She sighed caressing her bump which grew more in the days I didn't meet her.

It's been two weeks since I met anyone. I just went to work and then directly went to Mom's place.

It's not a normal meeting every day and we still feel awkward but we both have so much to share that the time seems to be passing too fast.

"Prathap is busy?" I asked glancing at Anitha.

"Yeah! He is preparing for the third branch right now." She replied yawning.

"In this city itself?" I asked frowning as he already opened two here.

"No! In the city where Shrishti opened, so that they both can help each other when needed." I nodded and leaned back on the couch feeling tired.

After the show that the brand participated in, the work increased and we even hired more staff.

Recently, Meghana is planning to expand the space as it is no longer enough. I took out my phone to check the time and glanced at the door.

"Vikranth said he will come?" Shrishti asked looking at me as I kept on looking at the door and my phone.

"Yeah!" I replied nodding at her.

"Then you both had the same disease where you forget your best friends. He too didn't show his face to us for the past two weeks." She teased and adjusted her position and Nitish immediately helped her with the pillows.

Even though Vikranth and I kept on messaging each other, we didn't get to meet as I stayed at Mom's place only these days and he was busy with work during the daytime like me.

So, when I informed him that I would come here directly from work, he replied saying he would also come.

After some time, I finally messaged him asking where is he and heard a sound from the door. I glanced up to find him walking into the house while taking out his phone from his coat.

"Boss! Please sit here, Boss!" Anitha suddenly stood up to give space for him beside me while I frowned at her.

"What happened to you?" I asked her in a confused tone.

"She is signed up for a magazine shoot and it is on their anniversary day. She is trying to get the date either preponed or postponed. However, they are not ready for the change and so she included Vikranth for it." Nitish explained and I nodded in understanding.