Chapter 39

*Kanika Pov*

"It's really about the divorce matter?" I asked with a confused tone after Nitish informed me about the details on the phone.

"They are not telling me clearly but I think there is another plan. They just said I need to confirm that you both are divorced and were married through a contract." He explained.

He just needs to confirm? Why? Who will be taking the matter out? I frowned and felt this may be related to my father.

"Okay! I will wait for news from Uday and will let you know what we can do next." Saying that I cut the call and rubbed my forehead.

In the afternoon, Uday entered my cabin with a bad expression and stated, "My Mom is in all this."

I nodded as I was not surprised and just waited for him to explain. I know he was still hoping that all this didn't relate to his mother somewhere in his heart like every child would do.

"What did you find yesterday?" I asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Previously I was just checking on whom she was meeting and not much on conversations. However, from yesterday I was concentrating on her conversations. I don't know why she is not hiding from others to talk. She talked openly in the living room yesterday about some matters." He said in a confused tone.

"I don't think your Mom knows you are with Vikranth." I said thinking that could be the reason.

"I am not with Vikranth completely but I am with you." I got stunned hearing those words.

"What? But Vikranth and I..." he cut me off saying, "Divorced? So? I don't think you both will stay divorced. Anyway, even if you don't marry, you will be together for sure."

Why do his words sound so confident? He sighed and explained what he heard yesterday and I frowned when I finally heard his words.

"Personality coach? There is something like that?" I asked and he laughed at my words.

"Maybe this is my Mom thing. I was introduced to one every time I had an important day for a presentation when I was studying. I had this even when I was coming here to meet Ashok Uncle." He explained.

"Is your father's behavior bad? She actually hired three people this time." He added and I looked down hearing his words.

"He must be bad otherwise why would he be placed in jail." He added to himself.

I was actually relieved that their plan includes only my past and not Vikranth's past. With a sigh of relief, I glanced at Uday saying, "Thank you for doing this. You need not get involved anymore."

No matter what, it is still his Mom and I just saw his disappointed expression when he entered the cabin.

"No way! I will fight with you. What is your plan?" He asked leaning forward on the table.

I tapped on the table thinking how can we reverse their plan. And when are they planning to do all this? I already asked Nitish yesterday to find this out but he didn't say anything when we talked just now.

Just then I got a message from Nitish stating, their plan is on the anniversary day. My fingers paused seeing those words.

This huge! No matter what, it will effect Vikranth and GH for sure. I rubbed my forehead feeling stressed and Uday patted my shoulder saying, "Don't worry! My Uncle already knows about the divorce and so he will not say anything to Vikranth and you."

"What?" I asked lifting my head to stare at him.

As he was about to repeat, I stopped him while processing his words. Because Ashok Uncle knows, he will really not say anything to Vikranth. What about others? What if even they find out earlier to the party? Will they also not say anything?