Chapter 32

*Vikranth Pov*

"Is there anything else?" I asked passing the documents back to Jay and glanced at the calendar on the table.

"I already cleared your schedule for tomorrow, Sir." I nodded at his words and continued to work to make sure I would not have any for tomorrow.

She will return tomorrow from the business trip and I need to talk to her without fail. As I moved my hand to check the mail, I got an unexpected call from Dad.

"Hello?" I asked picking the call with a frown.

"Did you know that Uday was working for Kana Designs?" I froze for a second hearing that question and answered that I knew.

"Why didn't you tell me before? Get Uday to come here and talk to his Mother." Saying that he cut the call.

I rubbed my forehead and called Uday's phone but it was switched off. Then I called Meghana who didn't pick up the phone at all.

I sighed standing up and moving to get my coat before walking out of the cabin. I asked Jay to make sure there is nothing scheduled for tomorrow and that I will return to finish the remaining work.

When I reached the company, I found Meghana's car parked and so walked inside the building without calling her again.

As I reached the shared space of Kanika and Meghana, I found Uday lying on the couch sleeping soundly.

I walked towards him and tapped his shoulder but he didn't move at all. Before I could try to wake him up again, I heard Meghana's voice.

"Let him sleep! He was working really hard these days and didn't sleep yesterday night." She said reaching towards me.

"Why did you call?" She asked while glancing at Uday.

"Uday's Mother found that he is working here and my Dad wants him to go and meet my Aunt." I explained and she stared at me before chuckling.

"Now, I understand why he was working like a mad person yesterday. He was just escaping from his mother then." She mumbled shaking her head.

I moved to wake him up again and he finally moved saying, "I will not quit... I will not quit. I love Kanika... I want to work with her... I..." I immediately hit his back hearing those words making him sit up.

He gave a confused look and then his eyes widened asking, "Did my Mom call you? Please stop her from making me quit. Please!"

"Your words from earlier must have made him wish you quit already." Meghana mumbled from beside me and sat down beside Uday.

"Now, explain clearly why you love Kanika so that he can help you." She added looking at him.

"Oh! Because she is awesome! The only one in the family who is sane and she smiled at me too unlike my cousin." Uday explained while I rubbed my forehead.

"Heard? He is just a fan of her and not love like you may have heard earlier. So, help him out as I don't want to lose such a hardworking person." Saying that she rubbed his hair while he pushed her away.

"You are just saying that because you want someone to do minimal work. You don't care who is working for you." He scoffed and then glanced at me with pleading eyes.

"Brother!" he said in a pleading tone.

"Brother?" I asked staring at him.

"You are my brother! Please help me, Brother!" he just continued and even moved to hug me but I pushed him away immediately.