Chapter 49

*Nitish Pov*

"What are you doing here?" I glanced up hearing the voice and found Shrishti walking towards me and sat on the couch beside me.

"Did I wake you up while coming outside?" I asked adjusting the couch pillow behind her and helped her to place her legs comfortably.

"No! I woke up for washroom and didn't find you in the room." She replied leaning back sighing.

"I know that you were lost in thoughts these days and I was waiting for you to talk about it but I guess it is better to just ask directly instead of waiting." She added turning her head to look at me.

I leaned over to caress her cheek saying, "I was not hiding anything from you. I am just thinking about my Dad and Mom."

"What happened?" She asked frowning.

"Mom is going to divorce Dad and she already filed for it." She gave me a shocked look hearing those words.

"Why... why suddenly?" She asked struggling with words.

"She found out what he did to Vikranth and how he is still planning again and again to ruin Vikranth and GH. She got fed up as he is not thinking about me at all and how all this would affect my relationship with you. So, she is doing it." I explained and she just stared at me.

"I am sorry!" She whispered and I shook my head smiling.

"I am glad that she is doing it. I am not worried about all this but just worried that he may plan to take some steps to not let her leave comfortably and she may have to stay alone." She sighed nodding at my words.

"Also, I was worrying about how I need to wait more before I can propose to you." She got startled and glanced at me.

"I planned to propose to you but with what my Dad did, I need to work harder to get you to believe in me more and not reject my proposal again." I explained smiling.

"Nitish! You need not..." she couldn't continue and just worriedly stared at me.

"I know after what happened, you have lot of worries to think about marriage and any kind of forever event with me. But I can definitely wait for you to let go of those thoughts even if it for forever." I assured her and she sighed leaning her head on my shoulder.

We both stayed for a few seconds and suddenly heard a noise from the dining area. We both got startled and turned to look at Anny sitting in the dining chair.

"When did you come?" Shrishti asked looking at her.

"I came earlier but he didn't realize. Because I didn't turn on main lights, even you didn't realize." She said taking a bite from a cup which seems to be the ice cream.

"You have shooting tomorrow and you are eating that?" I asked her frowning.

"I am eating tiny bites like an ant. I will also exercise tomorrow morning before leaving." She replied taking another bite which is definitely like an ant.

"What is causing you stress?" Shrishti asked sighing.

"Your best friend!" she replied immediately taking another bite.

"What did he do?" Shrishti continued with quite an interest in her tone.

"He is not proposing to me while you are getting proposed left and right." She replied and I chuckled at her words.

"I am not getting... but didn't you say that you don't plan on getting married?" Shrishti asked frowning.

"I did! But that was long ago and he didn't bring the talk again. I even tried to bring it but he just ignored it." She replied sighing.