Chapter 19

*Meghana Pov*

I frowned at my phone as Kanika's phone is switched off and when I called Anny, she is not picking up my call.

After the guests left, Landen mentioned Kanika and asked me what happened. When I was clueless about the things he was talking about, he ended up calling Vikranth whose tone was not at all calm and they were asking us what happened.

All I know is that as I was about to call Kanika to meet Aunty, she was nowhere and I thought maybe Anny's plan changed and they called her earlier.

However, then I got a weird call from Anny which I didn't give much thought to as I was busy explaining Kana designs to all the guests.

When talking to Vikranth, I realized something really happened and I let her be thinking it is a family matter or something.

Today we got a few clients who will be visiting the place after three days and even Aunty wants to visit along with them. I wanted to inform her but her phone is just switched off.

"If you are worried about her, why don't you go and see her?" Aunty asked looking at me while passing the snacks.

"I don't know whether she will come back or not." I replied shrugging and locked my phone before keeping it away.

"Will you stay for the night?" She asked standing up from the couch.

"No! I will go back and leave the two lover birds alone." I replied and expected her to laugh or maybe even smile but none of those were there from the time the guests left.

"You go! I will keep her company." Landen said after which she nodded and walked away and then I remember that she generally doesn't prefer to stay with many people on this day.

"Why were all those guests invited today?" I asked looking at Landen as I expected a few close friends of theirs but not so many.

"We recently shifted and going to establish the brand here. Also, she wanted you to have more exposure as you also recently started." He replied while staring at Aunty's back until she walked away towards the backyard.

"You brought the memorial to this place?" I asked and he nodded before sighing.

I made sure Aunty really left before whispering to him, "Today is Mr. Vikranth's Kanika's birthday too."

He gave me a surprised look and I added, "Haven't you investigated for all details?"

"No! That would be an invasion of their privacy. I just asked the person about her parents and that too from Vikranth's Dad when I met him. So, I don't know any other details." He replied and I nodded.

"I didn't want to bring it near Aunty and give her hope. I think there are too many events to ignore as coincidences." I pointed out and he nodded before picking up his phone.

"I will call someone to check about it. If she is really her then... I can overcome this guilt in some proportion." He started mumbling to himself and I gave him a confused look.

After he called that person and gave instructions on checking Kanika's background, he sighed leaning back.

"You both never talked about Aunty's daughter even though I asked a few times. But right now I just want to ask, why did you think she had passed away?" I asked staring at him.

He shook his head saying, "We were told by her father that she had passed away and showed us the death certificate and even the ashes."

I already knew that Aunty is divorced but I don't know whether her ex-husband is a good person or not.