Chapter 43

*Mohan Pov*

As I passed by the cafeteria, I heard the words I never expected to hear after all these years.

"Do you remember the huge scandal of GH?" one of the employee's voice reached me.

"Who doesn't? Even though no one speaks about it, we all know. After all that caused GH to close down, right?" I frowned and was about to walk off but froze hearing the next words.

"Yeah! I heard that the culprit's son is Vikranth Sir." This was said in a whisper but also loud for me to hear.

"What nonsense!" others whispered shutting him up.

"Really! Vikranth Sir is not the son of Ashok Sir. He is the son of the culprit." I immediately shifted to enter the cafeteria making everyone freeze.

"You are not getting paid to gossip in the company. If I hear such nonsense again, I will fire you on the spot and then you can talk about your own situation in gossip. Understand?" I raised my voice and they all nodded.

After leaving the place, I directly reached Pramod's cabin and found him frowning with worry.

I sighed sitting on the chair opposite to his asking, "Did you also hear the rumors passing around?"

"Yes!" he replied glancing at me.

"Do you think it's true?" He asked hesitatingly and I never saw him like this.

"We both already guessed that Vikranth could be an orphan that Ashok adopted. So, a part of the rumor must be true. However, Ashok would never bring in the family member of that bastard." I replied with complete assurance.

"Then why is such rumor being passed in the first place?" He asked rubbing his forehead.

"Who do you think was upset by Vikranth and GH recently?" I asked already guessing the person who was behind it.

"Is he playing with us like in politics? We should do something before this reaches Ashok and mainly Vikranth." I nodded at his words.

"Even if we see the son of that man, we shouldn't blame the kid, right?" Pramod asked glancing at me after a few minutes of silence.

"We shouldn't! But that doesn't mean, I would be fine to be around him. Why are we having this conversation? Let's make sure the rumor doesn't spread much and give a headache to Vikranth." He nodded passing the strict instruction to his department that there would be severe penalties for rumors.

We both were about to leave the room for lunch and our phone rang at the same time with a message notification.

I took mine out frowning and got upset seeing the contents. This matter cannot be hidden anymore then.

"How can they believe a rumor and decide on a meeting?" Pramod asked in an angry tone.

"Because of removing Girish in a harsh manner, some people must be upset with Vikranth and taking this chance. Let's see who is supporting this rumor and try to get them to leave GH tomorrow." I proposed and Pramod nodded.

"We will go to Vikranth and assure him that we are with him." I added and we both left his cabin and took the elevator for Vikranth's floor.

When we reached his floor, we found Jay stepping out of the cabin with a worried face. I patted on his shoulder and entered the cabin.

"Vikranth! Don't worry about these cheap tactics." Pramod assured him smiling at Vikranth who was sitting with a frozen expression.

"Exactly! Tomorrow we will support you and also can get a list of people who are still against you properly this time." I Joked but he just stared at us blankly.