Chapter 29

*Vikranth Pov*

"If I go to your Dad today and ask him to treat you well, will you shout at me?"

"Because that's what a normal person should do. I already know you wouldn't want me to do that and I can't imagine how you will react. I know everything and I understand everything. I just... I just... can we meet later and talk about this?"

"I understand! I need to collect my thoughts and really want to talk to you but not now. Just like how GH is important to you, my work is also important to me. Will this make you understand?"

"Don't waste your time by coming here. I will be really busy and you just concentrate on your work and rest so that your elders will not worry again which you don't want them to."

I rubbed my face trying to ignore the words repeating in my head. As she wished, I stayed away and didn't disturb her but the last words she said are still ringing in my head.

"Sir, I found Uday but he seems to be going to Kanika's workplace these days frequently. Should I find out the reason?" I glanced up hearing those words from Jay.

Why is he going there? I frowned and moved to go out myself to find him before dragging him back to the house.

It is better to send him to another city and make him work there instead of keeping him here. As I was about to get up, my phone started ringing and I glanced at the number before picking it up without wasting time.

"Hello!" I greeted in a hurry thinking maybe something happened to Kanika.

"Mr. Vikranth! I just want to have a discussion with you regarding someone. Is it fine now?" Meghana asked and I asked her to continue while gesturing for Jay to leave.

She explained calmly about Uday coming to their workplace to find work and I immediately said, "I will be there and drag him away so that he will not disturb your work."

"It's not about that, Mr. Vikranth! Kanika is really busy recently and she is unable to handle everything and she is looking very tired. So, I was thinking of hiring an assistant but I can't just hire anyone as there is a chance of hiring the wrong person." I frowned hearing those words.

Kanika is always asking me to take care of my health while working. Why isn't she doing it? I fisted my hand feeling restless and helpless.

However, Meghana continued to say how hiring Uday would solve the issue and explained the advantages of hiring him.

I immediately shook my head to reject that and plan to find some assistance for Kanika myself thinking about the reactions from Dad and Aunt.

All my thoughts paused hearing her next words as she said, "Kanika is against this idea saying it will cause trouble for you. I don't know how it will trouble you but I just wanted to hear from you directly. She was really worried thinking about you and if it is really going to cause you trouble, then I will drop this idea."

I couldn't hold on to my phone anymore and it slipped my hand before dropping on the table. I gripped the table with my hands feeling suffocated after hearing those words.

I am here thinking about how hiring would Uday would cause issues from my Dad instead of thinking about her completely while she was thinking only about me.

I covered my eyes realizing why she doesn't want to be with me. We both claim to like each other but only she is proving every time her feelings while I am just peddling on too many boats and keeping her away.