Chapter 48

*Vikranth Pov*

"Go ahead! You can go home after passing the information." I informed Jay and then cut the call.

As I turned around, I found Kanika staring at me from her chair instead of working. I smiled walking towards the table.

"Why are you staring at me?" I asked leaning over to peck on her cheek.

"Nothing! Trying to understand you." She replied with a confused look.

"What?" I asked in a confused tone.

"I mean, they chose you at the end and everything went well. Why are you trying to get away from GH and working 9 to 5 strictly every day?" She asked and I sighed walking towards the couch and sat down.

"I am not trying to get away. I am just making my priorities straight. Previously, I worked so hard because I was scared of not being able to work for GH. But now, it's fine even if I don't do it. However, I am not ignoring my duties but just spreading the management so that I need not work all the time. And..." I cut my words and gave a pause.

"And?" She asked placing her hand under her chin and leaned over with a curious look.

"And, I want to spend time with my lover." Her hand slipped from her chin in shock while I chuckled.

"You... even if you work for just those hours, I can't do the same." She said with a guilty look towards me.

"I understand! Yours is more of creative side and I know it should be 24*7 and that's why I am spending my time here after returning from work." I explained.

"Meghana was saying, we should adjust a cabin for you to stay." She smiled saying it and I just shrugged.

"Also, I am planning to shift." She added turning her concentration to the design she was doing.

"Shift where?" I asked in a confused tone.

"Shift to your... our home." She replied in a small voice and this time it was my turn to be shocked.

I just stared at her in silence and after a few seconds, she turned to glance at me with a smile.

"There is no need to trouble yourself. I can continued to stay here." She shook her head at my words.

"No! For a day here and there, it is fine to stay in this flat but everyday it is very difficult for two people to stay. I will just shift there but I have a doubt you need to clear before I shift." She said waving me off.

"What is the doubt?" I asked frowning.

"If I shift, will I again stay in the same room and get blocked from entering your room? Also, the conditions that were written in the contract we signed second time still valid. Also, will you be my boyfriend?"

One after the other, she is just shocking me and I should understand that this was her field and the first shock I gave her was nothing.

I stood up to reach her side and leaned over to kiss her saying, "I still left the space in my cupboard the same way it was done at that time. I never filled it with anything waiting for you."

She smiled moving her hands to hug me and I hugged her back tightly. We both had to separate when we heard a knock on the door.

I shifted away from her and sat back on the couch while she called the person to enter. It was Meghana who smirked at us while entering.

"I knocked hard to make sure you both can get decent before I come in." she teased and I just ignored her to check the mail Jay sent.

"I was working!" Kanika said in a serious tone and I tried to not smile.