Chapter η

Eta - 7

Bestie In Trouble

The least the Oracle could've done was walk back to the attic by herself.

Instead, Cyrus and (y/n) were elected to carry her. Cyrus didn't figure that was because they were the most popular at the time.

"Watch her head, mate!" (y/n) warned as they went up the stairs. But it was too late.

Bonk! Cyrus whacked her mummified face against the trapdoor frame and dust flew.

"Ah, man." Cyrus set her down and checked for damage. "Did I break anythin'?"

"I can't really tell," (y/n) admitted.

The two hauled her up and set her on her tripod stool, both of them huffing and sweating. Who knew a mummy could weigh so much?

Cyrus assumed she wouldn't talk to them, and he was right. He was relieved when they finally got out of there and slammed the attic door shut.

"Well," he said, "that was gross."

Cyrus rolled back his sleeves and sighed. (y/n) wasn't the type to be bummed out he wasn't getting attention, quite the opposite, in fact. In any other case, he'd be thrilled to not have to talk to anyone else, but in Camp, that was different. Cyrus could tell. He knew plenty about it, and he felt plenty, and (y/n) wasn't much excited about anything at the moment.

"What will Chiron do?" the boy asked Cyrus.

"I wish I knew, lad." Cyrus looked out the second-floor window at the rolling hills covered in snow, "Maybe he'll choose us to go, and then we can do somethin'."

"Search for Annabeth?"

Cyrus smirked down at him. "If ye'r not too busy swoonin' over the new kid."

(y/n) scoffed, rolling his eyes as his cheeks flushed. "I was not swooning, mate."

"Oh, really? No love, no darlin'? You totally weren't goin' out of ye'r way to talk to him, either, right?" Cyrus cocked an eyebrow.

"It's a habit! I call a lot of people that!" (y/n) complained, cheeks puffing out as he stomped his foot down.

"Yeah, ye' do, but that much?"

"Oh, quit it. Not like you weren't looking for Clarisse everywhere all day, either!" (y/n) grunted.

"That's- That's different!" Cyrus corrected.

"Try not to freeze the Big House, love. I still sleep here," (y/n) rolled his eyes in amusement, starting down the stairs.

Before Cyrus could respond, Thalia popped up on the bottom of the stairs. She begrudgingly looked up at them both as (y/n) stopped mid step. "Get your butts downstairs."

"Why?" (y/n) asked.

"Dionysus is calling a council of cabin leaders to discuss the prophecy," she said. "Unfortunately, that includes you both."

The council was held around a Ping-Pong table in the rec room. Dionysus waved his hand and supplied snacks: Cheez Whiz, crackers, and several bottles of red wine. Then Chiron reminded him that wine was against his restrictions and most of them were underage. Mr. D sighed. With a snap of his fingers the wine turned to Diet Coke. Nobody but (y/n) drank that either.

Mr. D and Chiron (in wheelchair form) sat at one end of the table. Zoë and Bianca di Angelo (who had kind of become Zoë's personal assistant) took the other end. Thalia and Cyrus and Percy and (y/n) sat along the right, and the other head councilors-Beckendorf, Silena Beauregard and Brooklyn Homer, Dante Lustifer from Apollo cabin, and the Stoll brothers-sat on the left. The Ares kids were supposed to send a representative, too, but all of them had gotten broken limbs (accidentally) during capture the flag, courtesy of the Hunters. They were resting up in the infirmary.