Chapter 7

Four - Cyrus

Luna Teaches Me How To Hunt Octopus

Cyrus and Luna stared up at the overgrown seafood as it slowly crawled onto the shore, bringing the full size of all its remaining seven tentacles to the coast, while its oval shaped head stayed underneath the water, barely seen by Cyrus's eyes from the distance.

  Luna tried standing, but her busted knee made her stumble into a tree as she looked down at Cyrus, who was still standing in the sand, awaiting.

  "What do you plan on doing against something that big?" Luna asked, scoffing at him.

  "I dunno," Cyrus blurted out. "But if it wants do kill me, it'll have a fight."

  "Aren't you scared?"

  Truth was, he was terrified. He was now sure that Mrs. Dodds wasn't human and she was certainly trying to kill him, and that scared him. The spear that Luna had thrown at him scared him. The collosal Octopus approaching him also scared him.

  Cyrus sighed as he refused to answer, stepping forward into the wet beach sand as the storm made everything harder to see, the occasional lightning strike barely making anything to give sight to Cyrus in the dark.

  His walk became a jog, and his jog soon turned into dash towards the Octopus, with panting and huffing as he felt his whole body bellowing in outrage, sparking with energy to defeat the Kraken.

  All he could have in his mind in the moment was an image–A very clear memory, almost like a Deja Vu–of the same mouth with the golden fang he had remember almost an hour before, now grumbling with a dissatisfied frown.

  He clicked his teeth in annoyance at the mental picture, shaking his head just before the Kraken brought down its heavy tentacle on top of Cyrus, squashing him down against the ground in a simple moment, sand and rain water spreading in the air at the impact.

  "Cyrus...?" Luna muttered, her eyes slowly widening in shock as tears started damping them. "Oh, no. What have I done? I should've–..."

  Unexpectedly, while Luna watched, the tentacle that smashed on top of Cyrus twitched, catching the woman's attention. It forced itself down, as if stomping harder on top of the body, but its weight and pressure still weren't enough to keep it from lifting off the ground, to reveal a slightly pink Cyrus, holding his breath as he Barbell Squatted the beast with trembling hands.

  Luna blinked her tears away and sighed in relief as she cautiously watched Cyrus lift the tentacle off him, to throw it to the side, before sighing and putting his hands to his knees, shaking.

  "That's it, Cyrus," Luna cheered quietly.

  "Fuck," Cyrus grunted, wiping away the rainwater and sweat from his forehead.

  The Kraken bellowed in outrage and surprise, waving its tentacles out in the air. It seemed like a hissy child that wasn't getting their toys in the mall, stubbornly throwing a tantrum over it.

  Cyrus covered his face to hide from the wind that the tentacles whipping around caused, rain being splashed even harder than before.

  He struggled to keep his feet on the ground with the strong currents, his clothes and hair being blown so hard they felt like they were ripping off him. His efforts to keep stable turned futile as soon as another tentacle smashed against the ground in front of him, sending him and almost half the beach along up in the air, swirling in a small tornado the monster had managed to create.

  Cyrus yelled as he twirled, the winds so strong and feisty as he was carried around in a repetitive circle that he almost lost one of his white and black Nike Court Royale 2 mids.

  He tried flapping his arms around to keep himself at least somewhat stable, but in his attempt to keep focus, he failed to notice the clouds above him rumbling with blue and white, before a quick and sharp lightning strike passed by him, just narrowly missing his shoulder as the static raised all of the boy's hairs, landing on the Kraken's left eye and bringing along with it a burst of wind that pushed Cyrus down towards the creature.

  Cyrus yelled as he barreled forward, legs kicking as he flipped down and back up, his voice being carried by the wind as he was basically flicked downwards by the sky.

  He could only manage to stop barreling a few inches before he hit the Kraken's skull, noticing that it had tried to grasp him as he came down, but its failure due to the boy's acceleration made it have all of its tentacles up in the air as Cyrus's feet sunk down into the monster's flesh.

  In the short moment between him landing on the Kraken, and him being launched off it as he bounced up, he realized his feet had bent sideways in a way they clearly shouldn't, though they slowly made their way back with little to no pain, fully reconstructing before he could even land back on the beach.

  Cyrus groaned and huffed as he crawled back up, almost puking out onto the sand before he could come to his feet. Though, as soon as he did, Cyrus turned to face the Kraken, heaving with strong pants as he watched the small crevice that he created in the Kraken's face.

  The beast roared swiping its huge tentacles down towards Cyrus in an attempt of vengeance to make them equal, though as soon as the Kraken touched the side of Cyrus, the boy raised his hands and pushed back against it, gripping the large limb with his fingers as his nails dug holes into the monster. The Kraken essayed to pull itself back, but the boy held vigorously, feet digging into the sand as he created a small path knees deep into the beach as he was pulled forward.

  Cyrus huffed, arms straining so hard he felt as if they might as well have popped out of his shoulders, but he bent his knees, pulling his whole body back as he strengthened his hold on the Kraken.

  The Kraken pulled, but so did Cyrus.

  It was like a game of tug-of-war. A very deadly game of tug-of-war.

  Cyrus growled and walked back, struggling so hard to push the beast that he felt like he was standing purely still. Though, the beast proved to be weaker than Cyrus, managing to lose its whole tentacle before it rolled back into the sea with its own pushing.

  Cyrus fell to the ground after the beast ceased its struggling, losing grip on the huge tentacles that might as well be covering the whole beach.

  He must've passed out for a moment, because he blinked heavily and the tentacle was nowhere to be seen, only Luna squatting down in front of him, waving a blurry hand.

  "Cyrus?" her voice echoed in his ringing ears, before he fell back onto the sand.