Chapter I V

4
§

Beth's Plead

(y/n) couldn't have been more tired when the letter was magically teleported into his line of sight.

It read: Camp Half-Blood, 3.141, Farm Road, Montauk.

Chiron, to (y/n) de la Cruz.

When he opened the letter he was greeted with very familiar handwriting. He hadn't been able to see it in a while, but there was no way he'd be able to forget his adoptive mother's handwriting.

Hey there, little pudding. It's been a while since we sent you any letters. I guess we just miss you... a lot. We are going back to New York to spend the summer, I hope you can make up some time to see us. We understand if you don't, you're in camp and going out on all these internships, but we want to be in your life for all of it, no matter how boring. If you're happy, we're happy.

Love, Harls.

He sighed, neatly folding the paper and putting it into his back pocket, so it wouldn't fall with his erratic movement.

He was suddenly not feeling most of the sleepiness effect on his body, now overcome by the anxious feeling of a new possibility. Could he reunite with his parents, spend the summer there with no trouble?

No, foolish thinking! Monsters would put them in danger.

But, then again, monsters always threaten him, and he takes care of them.

But, what if they fear him? Cast him away at seeing him burn giants and snakes alive, abandon him like his birth-father once did.

(y/n) shook his head, putting the hundreds of swarming thoughts in the back of his mind, with all the overthinking he'd cast out throughout the month.

"Let's go, boy," he called for Benny, tapping the side of his thigh. "Finally we can go home."

"Your head?" Benny inquired, looking above (y/n)'s hair.

The boy frowned in confusion, before he looked up and noticed the smoke flying up from him, and the fire spreading around his face and ears. He quickly slapped his cheeks and vigorously shook his head to extinguish the flames.

"Okay, now we're set," (y/n) mumbled, hands still around his face to make sure no fire came back alive, like candles on a birthday cake.

🔥👑❀

(y/n) yawned as he walked through the early morning streets of Manhattan. It was a long walk to Long Island, specially Camp Half-Blood, but there wasn't any better way than that. He'd spent all the money Camp had given him already, considering he wasn't supposed to be out for this long, so there was no way he'd be able to call a cab, or head to the subways or a bus station.

He was starving.

Half-dead from lack of sleep and food, his legs were starting to feel weaker by the moment. Every few steps, he stumbled down and caught himself straightening up to walk forward.

In one of those stumbles, he landed on a very warm and cozy embrace that held him up before he could fall to the ground.

He looked up, seeing the familiar sight of Annabeth, her blonde hair shining as the sun hit the back of her head, her bright smile glistening in the air like jewels. Her bruised face didn't make (y/n) realize she was battered, like he was. "Hey, there, blossom."

"G'day..." he mumbled weakly, grinning for a mere moment before his face fell due to exhaustion.

"You okay?" Annabeth frowned.