Chapter 6

Three - (y/n)

Murderous Snake, Remastered

(y/n) and Luna walked down the sidewalk, Benny tracing behind their steps and keeping his eyes strained onto Luna.

  "... Why me?" he asked quietly after a few moments of mustering up the courage to talk.

  "You're in danger, I wanted to help," Luna explained briefly. "No one else wanted to."

  "Why am I in danger?" (y/n) frowned.

  Luna stopped her feet from walking, causing (y/n) to stop a few moments later, turning back around to face her. "I know what happened with your ... friend."

  (y/n)'s eyes widened. "Pankaj?"

  Luna nodded. "Pankaj wasn't human, he was what we call an Amphisbaena–“that goes in two directions.”–A Snake that has two heads instead of one."

  (y/n) side eyed his dog as he tilted his head to the side. "What about Benny? He's not normal, either."

  "Your dog is... Well, still technically a dog," Luna shrugged. "I should tell you more about him once we get there. It's too dangerous to tell you so much of it now."

   "... Get where?" (y/n) inquired.

   "To ... your new summer camp," Luna hummed as she resumed her walk, (y/n) and Benny quick to trace behind.

  "A summer camp?" (y/n) mumbled. "... An American summer camp?"

  "What's wrong with an American summer camp?" Luna frowned in confusion.

  "It's filled with Americans. Americans make fun of my accent, I don't like it," (y/n) huffed. "I'm tired of listening to “Say Wo'er” or “Say Chewsday.” It's annoying."

  "You do say both of those pretty funny," Luna giggled.

  (y/n) groaned.

❓❀

  Benny whined behind (y/n), informing his owner of his sleepiness.

  "Are we there, yet?" (y/n) asked. "Benny's tired."

  "We're almost t–" Luna turned around to face the dog. "Did he just whine?"

  "Yeah, he whines when he's tired or hungry," (y/n) informed.

  "... I don't think that's what happening right now," she muttered, looking around as if paranoid something was suddenly looking at her.

  "What's wrong?" (y/n) frowned, before he looked back at his dog. "Did you eat something off the ground again?"

  As he looked down at Benny, from the corner of his eye he spotted a familiar giant snake head, slithering in the middle of traffic as it turned around the corner to glare in his direction. It slowly started to come out of the corner, revealing two pair of horns that came out of the center of its skull, and a pair of claws that it used to crawl around, which had a pair of giant wings above them.

  "... I think that thing came back," (y/n) nudged Luna. "The Amphis-whatever."

  Luna frowned and looked back at the creature as it hissed in their direction, her face turning paler. "It's back already?"

  "What do we do...?" (y/n) mumbled.

  "You should seriously run," Luna warned. "Look for a big pine tree, and run past it, you'll be safe after that."