"Great!" The bearded man was eager to try, clenching his fists, "Let me, the great bearded one, take the lead!" The beta student assigned him to the top lane.

Due to his superior combat skills, Mu Si Han was sent down the middle lane. "I'll stay here to protect the crystal. If there's any new intel from the front, you can inform me immediately."

Saying this, he took out several earpieces from his pocket and handed them to everyone. "These are mini walkie-talkies. You can use them to communicate." The bearded man was delighted: "You actually brought these? Impressive!"

The beta student proudly stated, "This is basic training in our academy. Everyone should be prepared." Without a student from the strategic command academy in the team, they might have been at a disadvantage.

The earpieces were tiny wireless devices that fit snugly in the ear. On the back was a sticker with the symbol "S," its meaning unclear.

The beta student continued to explain, but the skilled blonde youth, already on his way, had to be hastily called back. "Wait, there are others..." Mu Si Han stopped and looked back, his tone icy: "It's none of my concern."

The beta student was taken aback by his cold response. "The objective is to destroy the crystal. It's better to act quickly rather than waste time here."

His reasoning had merit, albeit somewhat impersonal, chilling the atmosphere instantly. But for Mu Si Han, this seemed irrelevant. Leaving those words behind, he headed down the middle lane.

Bai Yue watched his roommate's departing figure, recalling their first meeting and the examiner's comment about him being poor at teamwork. But he seemed much better now, at least adhering to the plan and wearing the earpiece.

Seeing the beta student's troubled expression, Bai Yue reassured with a smile, "We've all got the communicators on. If there's anything to add, we can use these to connect."

The student relaxed slightly and continued, "I'll stay here to guard the crystal. We need one more person to stay..." He looked at Bai Yue, "Can you?"

"My name is Cao Xun," said the beta student, implying the importance of having a strong member stay behind. "Guarding the crystal is crucial, but it's also important to have a strong defender among those who stay."

Bai Yue remained noncommittal.

"Alright, that's settled!" The bearded man pumped his fists, "I'll head to the top lane. Let's move out!"

Who are you calling your little brother? The remaining alpha student muttered under his breath and headed to the bottom lane.

Thus, the base with the floating crystal was left with only Bai Yue and Cao Xun. The dense trees made it impossible for enemies to flank from behind.

Bai Yue and Cao Xun positioned themselves on either side of the crystal, vigilantly monitoring the top, middle, and bottom lanes—the only possible approaches for the enemy.

Occasionally, their earpieces would crackle with updates from their teammates, reporting no enemy encounters so far. However, the person in the middle lane remained silent throughout.

The virtual training ground's simulation was impressively lifelike, from the breeze on their faces to the rustling of leaves, making them feel as though they were in a real forest.

After a prolonged period of high alert, Cao Xun's attention began to wane, showing signs of fatigue. Just as Bai Yue was about to remind him to stay focused, a booming voice erupted through the earpiece.

It was the bearded man's loud voice. "Enemy contact! I've encountered two on my side!"

Then came the report from the alpha student on the bottom lane. "One enemy spotted on the bottom lane! Awaiting orders to engage."