Chapter 25: Desperation

Start from the beginning

I smile warmly at her. I glance up as Colin steps closer to me wrapping his arm around my waist. He is smiling in appreciation at London.

I turn to the gift before peeling it open, pulling the top off the box I smile warmly as I gaze at the two, six-by-eight picture frames and the third five-by-seven which is in a plastic, magnetic sleeve. Each holds the ultrasound picture. I smile warmly as I pull one out of the box and examine it again, every time I see the photo it warms my heart.

"The two bigger ones are for each of your offices or work, and the smaller magnetic one is for the fridge."

I turn my gaze up to London smiling warmly "thank you."

Colin is smiling as he gazes at the photo over my shoulder. He smiles and turns his gaze up to London "thank you."

"Course, sir," London says with a warm smile.

I take the magnetic photo from the box and walk over to put it on the fridge examining it a little. I turn back to London "I don't know if you know yet, but it's a girl."

London smiles warmly "congratulations."

I smile glancing at Colin, I walk over to him "should we go celebrate alone?" I ask with a small cheeky smile.

Colin smiles warmly and shakes his head a little he kisses me "you might have an addiction, baby."

I shrug "maybe. Come on it's been forty-eight hours."

Colin smiles he presses a firm kiss to my lips "give me an hour to go through some work that I have been neglecting. I need to call and confirm that sex is fine with Dr Falcone."

I smile and laugh a little "okay."

Colin kisses me again "I'll be in my office if you need me."

I nod, watching him walk into his office.

"I am going to go unpack your bags, unless you need anything, ma'am," London says.

"No, but thank you," I say glancing at her. I grab the photo London gave me before heading to my new office. I set it down on my desk. I touch my hand to my stomach as I gaze at the photo. I smile warmly before I step out of the room. My gaze landing on the bookcase at the end of the hallway. I feel my heart race. I'm unsure why it calls to me but it does, I slowly make my way over to the bookshelf, reaching out to it I give it a firm tug and watch as it swings open.

I feel my heart race in my chest and my palms turn sweaty. My mind races to the last time I was down there. When I was so scared, when I left Colin. I think perhaps I was just overwhelmed. By the pain, by the overwhelming new experiences. Perhaps if we had worked up to it I wouldn't have reacted so badly... probably not. There is no scenario where I would ever be willing to do that. I gaze at the black door before hesitantly reaching forward and trying the knob, I blink a little in surprise when it swings open. Why is it unlocked? When was it unlocked? Would Reese have checked it during the house search? Probably.

I swallow thickly before slowly walking down the stairs. When I reach the landing I pull open the next door and feel my heart jump in my chest. I step in and gaze around. In a way, if you open your mind to the activities that take place down here, the room is sort of beautiful. I wonder who designed this for Colin. Was it the same person who designed the rest of the house or did he bring someone special in for this?

I wonder how that process would have gone. "I would like a room where I can practice BDSM with young women until my darkest desires are content." I step closer to one of the display cases and look through it, examining the assortment of paddles. Some are rubber, some are leather, others look almost wooden. I can tell by the way they are made that some are harder, and others are softer. I turn my gaze to the drawer underneath the display and pull it open.