CHAPTER 14:

A dismal sky was speckled with black crows, crowing at each other as they soared overhead, with the circular sun veiled behind the drab ambiguity clouds. The hairless trees swayed with the flap of the crows wings emitting an icy breeze to be swept past the pedestrians, rendering them to shiver and cling tenaciously to their clothes.

Ivy drew her scarf tighter over her neck as she felt another frigid breeze brush by her, offering fallen, rotting leaves to sweep past her feet. With a quivering breath, she sighed and beheld the misty vapour that escaped her mouth, slowly evaporating within the air. Winter was definitely on its way.

As she trudged through the village, she halted as she heard a familiar, cold voice coming from a narrow alleyway.

Ivy glanced around before turning back and approaching the voice with caution. She dove behind a wall as she noticed two silhouettes, one looking more dominant than the other. Slowly, she peeked her head slightly from the wall to identify the two individuals.

As she observed the two, she recognised that the cold voice belonged to Tom as well as his figure giving him away. The other, however, she was unsure as to who it was, but she could see them shrinking back as Tom became irate. She strained her ear to listen as she heard his voice grow firmer.

"She hasn't revealed anything as of yet!" Tom exclaimed angrily. "I've spent the last two months trying. Two months!"

Was Riddle referring to what I think he is? Ivy pondered in her mind.

"I-i-my lord, i-maybe... She's just not comfortable yet?" Meekly, the other suggested.

"Not comfortable yet?" Tom repeated. He scoffed. "Just how much comfort do you believe I have given? Just what do you view of your Lord as Nott?" He bent inward. "Do you view him as weak?"

Nott stumbled and hurriedly shook his head, saying, "N-no my lord! No!" He gulped. "You are the most powerful of all, my Lord. The most! Only a fool would deny that!"

Ivy watched this conservation with wide eyes and thought about how shockingly devoted his friends were to him.

Tom chuckled and leaned back. "You seem to always get away with these interrogations, Nott." His smirk dropped, and his expression darkened. "I'll consider your suggestion, but if the grey lady does not reveal anything to me about the diadem...well, I think you'll know what will happen."

Ivy smirked to herself. Seems like I was right. Helena must've taken my warning into action.

Nott gulped once more and nodded. "Y-yes my lord."

With one last glance at Nott, Tom turned to leave but halted when he turned to look back at him.

"And if you seem to have forgotten what will happen... I'm sure Lestrange will be able to remind you."

With his face plastered in a smirk, he resumed leaving, his robe billowing behind him as he left a shivering, wet dog.

Shit. Ivy hastily hid from view and tip-toed quietly out of the dark alleyway as she noticed Tom walking in her direction.

When she escaped, she searched about to see if there was somewhere she could hide until Tom disappeared from sight.

All she could see was nothing but trees and lamp posts.

The sound of distant footfalls made her gasp. With nothing left to do, she ran and hid behind a nearby tree.

Her chest heaved uncontrollably up and down as she anticipated for Tom's arrival. Breathe in. Breathe out. With her lids closed, she put a palm on her chest and repeated this to herself.