CHAPTER 11:

When Ivy awakened, the dormitories were empty. The room was silent, and the beds were prepared by her roommates.

She yawned and stretched, rubbing a hand over her face. That was one of the best sleeps she's had since she arrived here. None of her nightmares had occurred. She felt great.

Her eyes widened, and she dropped her hand. Riddle's potion had worked . She didn't think it would actually, rather, she thought he was tricking her...poisoning her, even though she had already performed multiple detections beforehand.

But why did Riddle bother to brew her a dreamless potion? What was he hoping to get out of it? She shook her head. Now wasn't the time to ponder over this. Time? What was the time anyway?

Ivy grabbed her wand from beneath her pillow and casted a tempus. Her eyes widened. It was currently close to lunchtime. She had practically slept for the whole school day. With a groan, she started to get out of bed.

After she was dressed in her uniform and showered, she left the Slytherin common room, heading towards the great hall. Upon entering the great hall, she realised her friends had seen her boggart and would most likely question her. She let out a breath, straightened her posture, and moved towards the Gryffindor table, mentally preparing herself for the questions. As she sat down, Agnes's demeanour became one of concern.

"Where have you been all day?" She asked.

Thank goodness.

Ivy replied, "Slept in," as she helped herself to some toast. "Was the best sleep I've had!"

"Good! Honestly, you looked horrible yesterday, as if you were on the brink of collapsing!" Beatrice exclaimed.

"Well, we had DADA today, and Professor Merrythought did ask about you." Agnes began. "So I said you weren't feeling very well. Surprisingly, she didn't shout but rather nodded and walked away."

"She appeared...concerned?" Beatrice said as she placed a finger on her chin. "Never seen her that way."

Right. She ran and didn't return to the class . "Oh, that reminds me, I'll have to apologise for running out of the classroom the other day."

"I'm sure she understands, but yes, I believe you should at least go to her so she sees that you're alright. Otherwise, she might take a visit to the infirmary and not see you there." Agnes gave a careful explanation. She then turned to converse with Beatrice about quidditch practices.

Ivy's eyes slid to the Slytherin table. There Riddle was, as usual, reading a book. She tore her gaze away and went back to her lunch, wondering just what was she to say to Merrythought.

*

She was in a history of magic where Professor Binns, who was not a ghost, was teaching about the uprising of goblins. Ivy had a palm to her chin as she felt herself slowly dozing off from the bland tone of Professor Binn's voice, as did other students. It was an interesting subject, but the teacher presented the material in a dull manner. He hadn't changed at all, Ivy mused to herself.

Ivy's mind wandered as Professor Binns started rambling on about goblins. She started by asking herself, first of all, what the fuck was she doing? Why was she not searching for Riddle's diary? It could be in the room of requirement, for example, or in the Slytherin dorms of his dogs? She simply couldn't just give up after not finding it in his dorm. She couldn't. If that diary survived, then he survived, and if he survived, then her friends wouldn't survive.

Second, she started to consider Riddle's intentions yesterday. It was bugging her, and she didn't know why. Actually...she knew why. It was just odd.

First he tortures, and then, what do you know, he's presenting her with a gift? She shook her head. There must be more to it.